Sign in to follow this  
mr E34

NYC pix

Just a few shots of Manhatten, the ultimate super city for vertical living.

If you have an interest in beautiful architecture built from stone etc this is the place.

'I used to live in a jungle, now i live in New York'.....classic saying 100% spot on.

post-1048-1315373843.jpgpost-1048-1315373886.jpg[attach

ment=37879:163678_1...888_n_1_.jpg]post-1048-1315374040.jpg

post-1048-1315374169.jpg

Love it, awsome, just awsome!

Reminds me of the 180° full wall picture in Sals Pizza in Commerce Street. Amazing.

Is there a reason why there is pretty much no advertising apart from the MetLife building?

Fantastic.

Did you check out the progress on the new World Trade Center.

It's taking shape finally!

Fantastic.

Did you check out the progress on the new World Trade Center.

It's taking shape finally!

Just clicked on ya thingy, going well i see. I sopose the crane goes up with the progress floor by floor too.

The opposite to the Grand Chancellor here, crane goes on the roof and brings it down floor by floor.

Just clicked on ya thingy, going well i see. I sopose the crane goes up with the progress floor by floor too.

The opposite to the Grand Chancellor here, crane goes on the roof and brings it down floor by floor.

Yeah its getting there, as of now the steel work is about 75% to height and the cladding is little over 50%. That shot was taken in August.

A shame about the Grand Chancellor, not really an attractive building, but never the less its a business thats been lost. In saying that, it was hugely fortunate it's structure remained intact, especially when it showed serious signs of failing shortly after the quake - who knows how many people there could have been inside it and in surrounding structures.

Yeah its getting there, as of now the steel work is about 75% to height and the cladding is little over 50%. That shot was taken in August.

A shame about the Grand Chancellor, not really an attractive building, but never the less its a business thats been lost. In saying that, it was hugely fortunate it's structure remained intact, especially when it showed serious signs of failing shortly after the quake - who knows how many people there could have been inside it and in surrounding structures.

Very true, looks a mess now, go past it everyday to work, the first three floors are now full of concrete to keep it standing in the event of another.

Just a few shots of Manhatten, the ultimate super city for vertical living.

If you have an interest in beautiful architecture built from stone etc this is the place.

'I used to live in a jungle, now i live in New York'.....classic saying 100% spot on.

Some of the buildings are very interesting from an architecture view point but to much of a jungle wall to wall type living for me. On another point how badly was the area affected by Irene as it pasted through?

Yes checked out the big area where the Twin Towers stood, massive area...much bigger area than i imagined.There is a memorial in the church next door & another centre dedicated to the upcoming redevelopment etc.

Flatiron is a good way to utilise that triangular plot, Central Park is stunning..i think its 300 acres in the middle of Manhatten.(Have too many pix to reduce & put up here.)

The daughter said the hurricane didn't have any effect on central Manhatten.(we had already left for Europe)

Any preconceptions you have of America i don't think fits with NYC, trouble is you need lots of money to stay there. :unsure: :unsure:

Really it is something to see, a beautiful island!

Flatiron, only one of the most beautiful buildings of all time

Yeah, but on its one hell of a lean :P