Sign in to follow this  
AaronL

Flat battery, doors wont unlock

Hi there, I have a 1988 e34 535i. I left it sitting abit to long and the battery went flat and now none of the doors will unlock. even using the emergency unlock thing. So i was wondering if anyone knew how to unlock it?

Thanks, Aaron

there is a way to pop the bonnet by poking a screw driver through the grill and pushing the pin back. Havent done the proceedure, just google it. Then connect the car to a charged car and unlock the doors.

open the boot , apply 12volts to the boot light .

open the doors with the key

or conect jump lead to the positive terminal on the starter motir from underneth

or use the left door lock , hold and turn system , its tricky but it does work .

unless you have the dead lock system on.

or use the left door lock , hold and turn system , its tricky but it does work .

are you able to expand on this? havent heard of this one! I assume its LH side because of BMWs being LHD in most countries?

are you able to expand on this? havent heard of this one! I assume its LH side because of BMWs being LHD in most countries?

Ive tried it, your meant to hold the handle up and turn the key clockwise. but that doesnt work on mine

So i can just hook up a battery with jumper leads to both wires of the boot light?

yes but MAKE SURE you get it around the right way, or it will create a lot more issues than it will save. Thats a good method too

Ive tried it, your meant to hold the handle up and turn the key clockwise. but that doesnt work on mine

Works on my E32 on drivers side. Cant remember the exact technique, but its simple as.

Ive tried looking through the grill but im not to sure what ive got push or whatever

It's actually a slot you can fit a flat blade screwdriver into, you then turn it and it pops the bonnet.

Once used that trick to pop someones bonnet and swap there plug leads over :ph34r:

It's actually a slot you can fit a flat blade screwdriver into, you then turn it and it pops the bonnet.

Once used that trick to pop someones bonnet and swap there plug leads over :ph34r:

oh, how far in the slot does the screw driver have to fit?

Never mind i figured it out myself, god what a mission. Thanks everyone

Not far, just enough to turn it.

Watch the bonnet dosent fly open and smack you in the face.