Sign in to follow this  
dubman

Subaru Upper Engine Cleaner

During a thread dig, Alias and Cliffdunedin mentioned a subaru upper engine cleaner, after googling this product also, decided to give it a go.

Boy does it make a difference. It returns to idle smoother, the engine breathes easier and little vacuum leak symptoms dramatically lessened. The most noticeable thing was 1st gear, the car no longer jerks and stammer, just smoothly idles along, and the throttle response is alot better (without load).

Made all this difference AFTER i cleaned my intake and throttle body thoroughly. Highly recommended !!

Edited by dubman

very similar product iirc. cheaper and easier to source, Repco didnt stock seafoam or have it as an item

Edited by dubman

it worked great on my e30. cleaned so much crap out the idle rose from 700 ish revs to over 2000.

also i work on subarus and use it on every service i do.

just try not to breath it in, its cancerous

Don't use on cars with o2 sensors unless you're going to remove them before doing this. regular oil changes are the key

Glad to hear it worked well on your Bimmer! From my experience has worked magic on Subarus and Mitsibishis.

Don't use on cars with o2 sensors unless you're going to remove them before doing this. regular oil changes are the key

Subarus have O2 sensors....

was thinking of doing it but damn.. so much smoke comes out. anyone got an idea how to "mask" it? like funnel exhaust under water or something? LOL :rolleyes::lol:

i went to an industrial parking lot. attempted to do a burnout or two afterwards. but only tyre squeel :(