Sign in to follow this  
KRZY-E30

First Engine Mods For E30 325i

Guest Ari Gold

ah dude you should read what you write telling me to go troll a honda forum, i wont bother telling you who i am or what i do but on the salt flats to which ive been to a carb would work the same for wide open throttle as for my ability to tune?

yep all those records my setups have done local and world in the last 25yrs were just good luck, and yes the thread was about what to do for a m20 but twas you saying afm and remapping was a waste of time and since you could only afford 1 hour on dyno then the rest is just hear say and dont pm me ive already wasted enough time talking to you.

For those of us who know who are, we very much respect your opinion and enjoy your contributions! Don't let the trolls get to you.

Makes for interesting reading :-)

Back on topic though... Would implementing one of these

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=36895

and getting a tune done be a worthwhile use of time and money or should the Cam/Headers be done first?

No it would not be worthwhile. The chip you are buying has a generic tune on it.

Chips can be good value for money but it is a bit of a gamble. This is because the tune isn't based off what your engine wants. Being that the tune is also for an m20 hopefully it will be close

To get 12-15hp you'd be advancing the timing towards and possibly leaning it out towards the dangerous edge.

I'm assuming m20's aren't still making power at 500rpm above the original rev limit

Getting a chip tuned especially for your engine will give your engine what it wants. But comes at a price

My opinion is to do everything you can that will change the volumetric efficiency(headers, cams) then go for a tune.

+1 for crunchy being a great asset to the forum. Was a bit gutted that your e34 turbo build has vanished.

cheers for the nice words guys and im not going anywhere but am looking forward to playing show and tell with the e34 its all coming along well and with the dumby up m50 it not longer idles under 1500 youll know when i turn up to bmw meet.

back to topic the best answer i can give for the m20 is how much money do you have to spend NOT what you might have later this is an easy way to point you rather than a long shopping list, m20 is good motor even the turbo ones ive done they just crack under the cam towers if you get too carried away.

ps: sorry for all the BS

cheers steve

Ok maybe I was going about this the wrong way... I was trying to get an idea or plan (bits to buy and in what order) and then figure out how much it would cost in order to save up. Today I only have a few hundred in the spend bucket.

Only had the car a few months and do love the old girl - just be nice if she had a little more go ;) To date all work has been aesthetic - prof. cut and polish to remove acid rain damage, window tints for summer, audio repairs.

Cheers for the advice people!

Holy POO STAINS!! Didn't know this would make people argue lol. So just to keep you guys posted. My Getrag 260 kit has arrived and is now sitting on a crate at AutoTech. Thanks To Jono for supplying me the kit and the sexy Leather Gear knob and Boot :)

First thing I need to do after gearbox is installed is to get a new rear muffler.

Went and got a quote from magoos to go headers, they said need to make custom made headers which is going to cost abit. then he told me to go full system haha.

As for the Air intake. I will just get a K&N Cone Pod Filter to replace the big factory box.

Any thoughts on this? Cam Gear

For the Rear Muffler I will just go with the one I posted above.

And I was thinking about that "performance chip" that MD13 posted aswell?

Will keep you guys posted. And I'll try get some pictures of the Mods.

Thanks for the help fellas. :D

Mike.