Sign in to follow this  
APT

M20 Miller MAF

have one on my e28 m5 works the same as a m20 type , they supply you with a ecu chip that just talks the maf language .

and you can still get the ecu remapped after , thats what i am doing.

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Thanks so to check im getting this right theres a chip supplied to read the MAF language and there is a different a WAR chip?

Correct, but talk to Gavin first, he may have the files he needs to do the ECU without you having to shell out for their chip.

Has anyone used Miller MAF's on a M20 engine ?

Like : http://www.millerperformancecars.com/catal...p;category_id=6

Do you have to use the WAR Chip when converting to MAF? as i plan on getting my ECU remapped in the near future.

Cheers Guys

I have Miller MAF on my car (M20 2.7) they supply chip to use with it. I have since added the WAR chip, cheap to buy, but just as expensive as any other programmable option to tune on the dyno though. The MAF looks the part, may even perform better than stock flap, but prob no better than using an E36 MAF set up.

Theres many options you can pick to improve intake resrictions and removing a afm for a maf to gain 10hp you have to consider the dollar factor, using a piggyback ecu like A MAPECU3 etc allows going to a speed density setup thus no meter and you can do many more things with it and no reflashing needed giving better gains for dollar spent.