Sign in to follow this  
lukeappleby

What's up Bimmersport? Introductions..

Hey everyone how's it going? I'm Luke aka rpmE30, nice to meet you.

I finally got around to getting myself an E30 - 89 320i auto coupe, charcoal grey.

She's done 224, I'm the third owner in NZ. From the look of it, there haven't been any modifications at all, no leaks or spots, paint and panel is clean bar a small ding on top of the boot.

Here are the mandatory first snaps, but I have to apologize, these snaps are from the former owner. I''ll get my hands on it in a couple of days and do some proper photos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

About me? Well I'm a journalist by day, photography geek, lover of beer. I was a car detailer and a stevedore (that's a wharfie) before journalism, and did a bit of parts interpreting at a panel shop in Brissy.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all, maybe help out with some car photography in the Welly region, and definitely ask a few questions if I'm stuck.

Cheers

Welcome to BS, your in the right place for asking questions, some genuine E30 experts on here. (And some fake ones too...).

The scene in Wellington is generally pretty quiet, but it just takes someone with the guts and organisational skills to decide upon an event and make it happen.

Actually, come to think of it, since I've moved up to Hams its pretty much the same here too haha.

Welcome mate you'll love owning an e30......You can take that any way you want lol.

to qualify as a wellington meet is either going to Jons shop in Berhampmore and if you see anyone you know there, then it qualifies, or see someone on the motorway and flick your lights.

everyone has thier excuses down here, but the annual meets are good.

E30 life, youve just got to own one haha welcome

I wonder if you could buy an F30 in 22 years time and enjoy it like you can with this 22 year old E30 :)

I wonder if you could buy an F30 in 22 years time and enjoy it like you can with this 22 year old E30 :)

Cheers guys, hopefully will see you around - I take it Jon's in Berhampore is the place to be - will have to pay a visit fairly soon.

@E36V8 probably could - let's just hope we've got gas to run them in 30 years ^_^

Cheers guys, hopefully will see you around - I take it Jon's in Berhampore is the place to be - will have to pay a visit fairly soon.

@E36V8 probably could - let's just hope we've got gas to run them in 30 years ^_^

Welcome,

good to see another E30

looking forward to seeing you soon

cheers

Jon