Sign in to follow this  
M325is

Clear front indicators and side repeaters

I have spoken to a major company who is willing to mass produce clear (or smoked) front and side indicators for your E30. I am just wanting to know some feed back as to how many ppl are likely to purchase these items, if all goes well im considering getting E36 lights produced also. :)

Cheers.

would all depend on price. At the moment I think people are put off by the imported price, so if you could get it at a reasonable price then sure there would be interest out there aye.

Well im defnitly selling them for less then the import price (hence why ive decided to get them made in nz as nobody else is) To make the tool for the injected moulding machine is going to be alittle costly but if sales are good il pay that off and more to beable to get a tool made for the e36. Lets hope all goes to plan.

Also i think there is somebody on this site that is importing silvatec bulbs, if that person sees this thread can you pm me some prices. Cheers.

i could be down for some clear fronts, depending on price

pretty happy with smoked sides, but if its a good price who knows....

I am interested in the sides but don't see why the fronts just can't be cut out from some plastic sheet.

A hundy can only get the sides, if that, i'd pay a hundy for the set of four but not for just the sides, the aesthetics just aren't worth it.

A hundy can only get the sides, if that, i'd pay a hundy for the set of four but not for just the sides, the aesthetics just aren't worth it.

UK Ebay

Get yourself on here and check out Ultimate Lighting.

They currently have fronts going for 12 quid and sides for 15. Ive just had some fronts posted for 8 quid and you will get all of yours in one of those boxes.

So for around 30 quid tops you could have the four lights and at todays rates thats about 76 dollars.

Cant believe Im telling you guys this rather than bringing them over and flogging them myself !

Ive just had delivered clear front and sides for my e38 and it was around 120 all up because the fronts for mine are twice the price as yours.

Carl, believe me the aesthetics are well worth it. Will get some pics of mine up soon. Put the fronts on last night in the storm I was so keen to get them on !

the E30 modification market here is sh*t basically you're looking at it here.

there is definately a performance car market in this country but all parts are imported because the size of the market doesn't justify manufacturing product here unless you were to export which is just stupid considering we basically get cars last after the rest of the civilised world.

from my knowledge to tool up a mould to make the side lenses (clear part only) would cost approx NZ$3000 and a further $5 or so per unit on a run of about 100

{figures are guesstimates} but.... it won't work

I ordered some clear fronts from Ultimatestyling.com. I they havent charged me, and my order has been 'processing' for a month now. They won't respond to emails either.

They were 16 pound.

why the fronts just can't be cut out from some plastic sheet.

This is what i was thinking, but where would you get it?

I have seen rear e30 clears on ebay cheap too. (Clear all along the top third, red under). May look ok on a white or silver car.

When I imported my rebuild kits i got clear front indicator lenses from the UK, ended up being 30 bucks including shipping.

I have dealt with injection moulding tooling at work, its a long process to get it perfect.

Save yourself time and money, import a great big box of the things.

Perhaps we should import the great big bimmersport box of combined things? Everyone seems to be in the market for clears...

hmmm combined things

This is what i was thinking, but where would you get it?

Pretty much any plastic shop. Most will probably let you help yourself to their off cut bin. If someone can point me in the direction of some silvertec bulbs I'll make some up myself and post up pics. Then you guys can decide for yourself.

I can get similar stuff from USA, if you want to do a group buy i can try and do a good price for ya's ..

i want e28 clears but teh guy who does the only ones in sweeden, only takes paypal, anyone got a paypal account? will give ya sum $ extra if u can get them in for me

i want e28 clears but teh guy who does the only ones in sweeden, only takes paypal, anyone got a paypal account? will give ya sum $ extra if u can get them in for me

Gimme a shout mate, I think I know the guy you are talking about. Happy to help out with PayPal etc. It is easy to set up an account for yourself though mate.

Im pretty sure Ive seen some clears somewhere else too but it was a while ago and I would have to hunt around for them again.

My sides arrived today from Ultimate Lighting/Styling whatever they are called, had them on it minutes and they look the nuts.

Cheers for the heads up on ebay Martyn, i've just picked up some clear fronts for twenty squids and soon some sides aswell if the auction goes my way. Works out quite nicely given the favourable exchange rates.