Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Shipping from the states

I have found a cool toy I want to buy that is in the states that is not available over here trouble is they will not ship to nz. I found a place called Buy Usa that you can send the item to and then they ship it here but their price is pretty steep almost doubling the price of the said product to get it here. Anybody know of any other places that does this sort of thing ??.

Options:

Make friends with a yank.

Grant lives there however hasn't been online for a while now and not sure he browses bimmersport anymore.

find a (e)retailer that will ship internationally. Find out who manufactures the toy and have a look on there website for other outlets.

I bought a 2m composite rc racing F5B glider (2k uS worth) from the states about a month ago.

I did the maths, worked out it was cheaper for me too buy a ski case, fly to the states, bring it back with me as carry on on two different airlines (domestic+intl) than to pay for shipping + duty and taxes! I work for an airline, so get cheapish tickets.

Took it right the way through US customs as a pair of skis, sporting goods carrying no excess baggage charges ;)

Back to your problem though, try find the same item in europe, US-NZ shipping charges are horrific, europe is much more sanely priced.

Edited by Jacko

UK and USA shipping

Try these guys, Westpac bank are advertising them, so must be legit.

Plus they will batch 30days worth of purchases for you and your mates into one parcel :)

It depends on how large the toy is.

I currently have 3 sets of tires / rims on the water and last week uplifted a motorbike all bought on eBay or in a forum's classified section. I get the buyeres to ship to the shipping company's delivery address in California and they load it into mixed shipping containers back to NZ. Fantastic company and excellent service / prices.. company is www.kiwishipping.co.nz they are part of the mainfreight company