Sign in to follow this  
m325i

e36 Front Lip

My car lacks the very bottom black rubber(?) lip on the front bumper.

Whats the best way to get hold of one? An OEM one will just bolt on I take it? (easy?)

What about just generic versions?

I came across a pretty funny solution, people using garage door surrounds as 'home depot' lips lol.

Any Advice?

Posted Image

I came across a pretty funny solution, people using garage door surrounds as 'home depot' lips lol.

Any Advice?

Yeah you could use that garden strip material and cut it to shape :unsure:. I'd make it secure if you were going in that direction or it could turn in to a projectile. Maybe you should try you local BMW wreckers as they might have a few E36 front bumpers that may have the lip still intact unless you went new or aftermarket.

Edited by EVILRE30

They aint that expensive to buy, and it requires, if i can remember correctly, like 10-12 screws that clip on underneath the car

Last time i asked genuine ones were only about $120+gst from Jeff Grey here in welly.

I want to get one but concerned about having to mount it (and ripping it off going into/out of my driveway)

Last time i asked genuine ones were only about $120+gst from Jeff Grey here in welly.

I want to get one but concerned about having to mount it (and ripping it off going into/out of my driveway)

Price isn't too bad for new.

I'm exactly the same with my concerns

Edit: is there a oem copy or cheap generic copy ?

Thanks

Edited by Nick G

I bought a new one 6 or so months ago out of germania, $90.00+, my car is very low and it still remains on now. Few scratches on the bottom but that's it.

If you want one to fit correctly and stay on i'd go genuine.