Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

trademe crashes my browser

bit of an odd one here. The last week or so, trademe has been crashing my browser. it will open up but as soon as i click search on something, it dies and doesnt respond so i have to forcequit and restart the browser. I can access it from other computers and my iPad at home so no issue with the modem or anything. Am using Safari on my iMac. doesnt make a difference if i use firefox instead. all other websites that i use work fine (hotmail, bimmersport/fest, facebook, asb etc)

anyone run into this issue before?

Something wrong with cookies? (Or biscuits or whatever apple calls them since they insist on being different).

have cleared cookies after i read post last night and it seems to have fixed it, it hasnt crashed again, but i was only on it for 5 minutes or so. Ill update software also

Something wrong with cookies? (Or biscuits or whatever apple calls them since they insist on being different).

Ahahahaha - they do try to be a bit different. I think they call cookies i-Biscuits® or i-ToffeePops®

i-Biscuits® or i-ToffeePops®

Ah hahahahahaha

edit: reinstall your browser dude. You should have titled this my browser crashes whilst using trademe.

Edited by M5V8

Can you update flash? oh wait. hahaha.

Flash issues cause all sorts of sh*t to go wrong with web browsing, f**king flash ads.

Can you update flash? oh wait. hahaha.

I dont get it...?

He uses a Mac, Adobe and apple.. are not the best of friends.

Edited by antil33t

adobe works on OSX, is any version of iOS that it doesnt work on. In normal peoples terms this means it works on Macintoshs, but not on iphone, ipod, ipad, iwank etc

cant reinstall browser, its a Mac so its all built into the operating system. However i did update it and remove all coookies and hasnt done it since so hopefully it stays like that.

mind you i havent been on redtube much this week

Theres a couple of ways to reinstall safari, but sounds like you may have fixed it anyway. Worst comes to worst, change to Chrome :P

FYI, i use multiple Macs daily, and service macs for a living... Adobe aint an issue (other than flash not coming pre-installed on new macs, but its a free download).

yes it hasnt done it again so thats good, and i know what to do if it does as well.

I have an iMac at home and also fix the odd iMac that comes through work but still not experienced with the trouble shooting on them. I use XP as my desktop at work, as I refuse to learn how to use Vista or 7, but thats a whole 'nother arguement.

thanks all for suggestions