Sign in to follow this  
chriszzz

e34 manual conversion

I have been looking at e30s to buy and a couple of e34s have caught my eye on trademe, mainly 535i. I would be keen on a 535is but if a mint low mile auto one comes up, am i looking at a huge bill to convert to manual?

Anyone done this? How do they drive power wise, in the heavy e34 body?

I have been looking at e30s to buy and a couple of e34s have caught my eye on trademe, mainly 535i. I would be keen on a 535is but if a mint low mile auto one comes up, am i looking at a huge bill to convert to manual?

Anyone done this? How do they drive power wise, in the heavy e34 body?

As with any car but especially BMW, manuals are much better and quicker. That experience is based on my ownership of both a 525i Auto versus a 525iX Manual, the latter being the much heavier 4x4 and it still felt much quicker.

I have priced a few manual conversions for my daily and tend to be around the 1k area including a stuffed clutch etc, so more cash on top of that, tho thats M50. Not sure if M30 are more or less common in manual than that. Imo if you want a manual I would just wait it out, E34 manual aren't common, but can be found. Trademe isnt always the best place to look either

They drive surprisingly well but a 540 is best & they are def not the fun an e30 is.

You could just buy my tech2

or my 2.8 schnitzer for $13k

or my 6spd 540 e39 for $13k

LOLZZZZZ