Sign in to follow this  
58rabbit

E39 TV

Have just purchased Jap E39 Touring and cant seem to get TV tuned in. Is there something that needs to be reset to get it to tune NZ TV or is it the missing aerial on the roof??

need to set the tuner country code , i think europe works??

Have just purchased Jap E39 Touring and cant seem to get TV tuned in. Is there something that needs to be reset to get it to tune NZ TV or is it the missing aerial on the roof??

Go into TV, into TV-mode & scroll countries. If no NZ option (quite likely - dumb I know) find & tune into either PAL Europe or Switzerland - same as NZ.

If you want TV in motion, NZ nav & an integrated reversing camera - PM me

cheers for advice have tried PAL Europe with limited success, I presume that it helps if you are line of sight with the transmitter?? where I live in AK is not very good for TV reception. Another thing, I suppose these TV's will not work when the analogue is switched off next year??

cheers for advice have tried PAL Europe with limited success, I presume that it helps if you are line of sight with the transmitter?? where I live in AK is not very good for TV reception. Another thing, I suppose these TV's will not work when the analogue is switched off next year??

Not the OEM as it is but there are options in adding digital via it's AV input facility so won't be a problem.

If on PAL Europe - your limited success will be due to location. Try it if/when you are in the city

Try Austria. Works on mine in Auckland.

Depending on location and buildings reception can be crap at times.

Try Austria. Works on mine in Auckland.

Depending on location and buildings reception can be crap at times.

X2 on Austria..

I couldn't get mine to work, I tried Austria and Pal Europe, but what I noticed is, it still goes back to the Japan setting..

I assume once I select the country I then do the search option? when I choose this option it seems to scan channel numbers and basically do nothing else..

I couldn't get mine to work, I tried Austria and Pal Europe, but what I noticed is, it still goes back to the Japan setting..

I assume once I select the country I then do the search option? when I choose this option it seems to scan channel numbers and basically do nothing else..

It will work on PAL Europe, Switzeland & from above -obviously Austria (though I haven't tried).

It shouldn't return to Japan - I have never seen this happen before.

If there is reception, once searching it should scan available stations. Otherwise try manually scanning

It will work on PAL Europe, Switzeland & from above -obviously Austria (though I haven't tried).

It shouldn't return to Japan - I have never seen this happen before.

If there is reception, once searching it should scan available stations. Otherwise try manually scanning

I think I see the problem, the cable in the below Picture, where should this plug into? I can't see anywhere, the TV appears to have everything connected (pic shown).

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted Image

That looks to be the GPS aerial lead. Where is the video module located? Behind the rear seat or L/H rear corner?

That looks to be the GPS aerial lead. Where is the video module located? Behind the rear seat or L/H rear corner?

Its behind the rear seat, (Jap Import Model)

I almost had a picture on it earlier, but not quite, gave me the option to store what it found, 1st time its done that.. perhaps its an antenna problem of some kind

Maybe an antenna issue - looks to be some rougue wiring in the car. Maybe something has been tampered with.

Yes the module is connected correctly.

I think I see the problem, the cable in the below Picture, where should this plug into? I can't see anywhere, the TV appears to have everything connected (pic shown).

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think you'll find the grey coax in the pic is for the JBIT phone system. - not the tv antenna.

something suspicious with the returning to japan setting... as mentioned, its strange that it returns to japan, Are you definitely selecting another area? - or just scrolling to it?? - (push the knob in when you get to it). - I hope i'm not stating the obvious...

good luck