Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

Bought an E34 535i this week

Recently I was looking around for another car, something decent, practical and a BMW.

Managed to find this 535i.

Pretty happy with it, such a smooth riding car! Almost forgot what they are like since I've been driving the E36 for 2 years.

Needs a bit of TLC this summer, should come up really well.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Edited by V8E36

Recently I was looking around for another car, something decent, practical and a BMW.

Managed to find this 535i.

Pretty happy with it, such a smooth riding car! Almost forgot what they are like since I've been driving the E36 for 2 years.

Needs a bit of TLC this summer, should come up really well.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Real nice looking 535, yeah they are real nice to drive. Cheers Jock

Guest Ari Gold

Very nice! The one thats gone cheap on TM a couple of times in the last two months?

It's got a slipper too :D

cool , luxo super wide arm rests , mtec steering wheel , cruise control,

leather covered console .

must be SA built car , ex japan , like my last 2 e34 535i i had

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Thanks guys.

yeah yeah, I was just thinking it's pretty well optioned this morning! OBC, Cruise, Leather, Sunroof, Armrests, leather console, auto dip rear mirror that doesn't work so well, rear blind.

It's actually a Japan import from 1996, build date comes up as 1990 - July.

Its even still got the BMW original torch in the glove box!

Unfortunately it doesn't have the LSD, just a open 3.91 diff, but meh, it's just for work really.

Plan is just to give it some TLC and replace the exhaust, not sure what I will do exactly, the current one is rusted out but I feel like going for something aftermarket, although Ill probably go for a stock rust free one.

After driving this for a bit, my V8 E36 certainly feels quite special, even though it needs more work it's quite a fun car as is!

Thanks guys.

yeah yeah, I was just thinking it's pretty well optioned this morning! OBC, Cruise, Leather, Sunroof, Armrests, leather console, auto dip rear mirror that doesn't work so well, rear blind.

It's actually a Japan import from 1996, build date comes up as 1990 - July.

Its even still got the BMW original torch in the glove box!

Unfortunately it doesn't have the LSD, just a open 3.91 diff, but meh, it's just for work really.

Plan is just to give it some TLC and replace the exhaust, not sure what I will do exactly, the current one is rusted out but I feel like going for something aftermarket, although Ill probably go for a stock rust free one.

After driving this for a bit, my V8 E36 certainly feels quite special, even though it needs more work it's quite a fun car as is!

Gee I wish my E34 was as straight as this. Mean. A straight E34 is a good find. Mine is a 94, and the clear was blistered to hell hood, front of the fenders and half the roof was worn through...yours looks good!

cool , luxo super wide arm rests , mtec steering wheel , cruise control,

leather covered console .

must be SA built car , ex japan , like my last 2 e34 535i i had

Heh, turns out you were correct Brent, on closer inspection this is indeed a South African built E34, but then it went to Japan?? Then to NZ? Is that common?

Heh, turns out you were correct Brent, on closer inspection this is indeed a South African built E34, but then it went to Japan?? Then to NZ? Is that common?

yes most jap import ones are made in sth africa , also quite a few e30's end up here from the same route.