Sign in to follow this  
mossline

Urban Exploring

Yeah, the buildings are all pretty unstable in CHCH, but theres heaps to explore if youre keen!

Theres a couple shots on here that were taken about 2 weeks before the second major quake:

Heathcote Maltworks

Which is now apparently finally been demolished, awesome place to explore...

Yeah, the buildings are all pretty unstable in CHCH, but theres heaps to explore if youre keen!

Theres a couple shots on here that were taken about 2 weeks before the second major quake:

Heathcote Maltworks

Which is now apparently finally been demolished, awesome place to explore...

There's a couple of quake abandoned houses on our street which a mate and I checked out on the weekend. Wasn't game enough to head up stairs due to the damage that we could see but left me wanting to see more.

I was quite surprised that the doors were all unlocked and most of them open.

Meh, thought id just post a few shots up here.

Posted Image

The old hospital in Hawera, taken a while ago now, the bit at the end of the hall is now all demolished, possibly/probably more...

Posted Image

This is the old furnace for a steam powered native timber sawmill

Posted Image

The e30 out the back of an old fertiliser store in wanganui

Hope these dont come out too large in the thread... it wouldnt let me upload anything sorry.

Likewise!

What are the better spots around the north island?

Any members in Wellington who are interested in this sort of thing? I know of a few places, mainly old military stuff but Im sure thee are more civilian spots around.

Yeah westy, It is the old ravens down,about 18 months ago, seems to be some sort of business being run out of the front, they didn't mind us being there though.

I'm always happy to go along with new folk, and so is my partner in crime (urbanexplorers) (me and him now working on Urbex.co.nz), all over the north island a lot of the time too, do especially you Wellington guys hit us up

Heh. I used walk passed it on the way to school about 30 odd year ago! It was an operating factory back then and used to stink to high hell, much like the Tannery down on the river...

Definitely keen to do a bit of this round the NI and Auckland :D should have a new camera sorted in the next few weeks will be keen to test it out :D