Sign in to follow this  
topless

How low???

Busy seeing how low I can get a 2door E30 legally. Where do they measure to? Does the exhaust count? If it does, this is pic of what it looks like, but not as low as I would like.

This leaves about 130mm under the chassis rails because the exhaust hangs under. I have now ignored the exhaust and used the chassis rails and fuel tank as measuring points, leaving 105mm clearance. This looks MUCH better. :thumb:

Which will be legal?

lowest point the chassis is, from memory is the lowering measuring point, exhaust and kit dont count at points as they are removable.

best to check out ltsa if ever confused.

Bumper and Exhaust don't count.

It's 100mm from lower point of chassic to ground without going thru LVV Certs.

Not too sure about those tie-rods and steering stuff count as chassic.

Yea, LTSA says

"minimum of 100mm ground clearance exists below any point of the vehicle structure, or any steering, braking or suspension component".

HOWEVER, local Mr Plod is unsure, so is one of WOF stations. Neither the exhaust nor the fuel tank is a structural part but this seems to be confusing to some. I don't want to hole the tank so will keep the 100mm clearance to that. Really looks like you could get away with it with one Mr Plod and get pink stickered with another, depending on how they read it... :wacko:

This is what I have ended up with, looks better than the last...???

Guest Andrew

thats not nearly as low as the e30s you see up here (but none of them are legal and look sh*t)

Perhaps you can make it work so you get rid of the fender gap but leave the car a bit higher still - a lot more work but way cooler.

Mine got no springs and is riding on steelies... 3" exhaust is under an inch off the ground.

I drive it upto the dairy to buy my smokes.

Oh I dont have a cert :beer:

Mine got no springs and is riding on steelies... 3" exhaust is under an inch off the ground.

you must eat dick too.

chump

you must eat dick too.

chump

ROFL @ angrysic

Are you tense because you pilot a chumpmobile CRX??

Drop it like its hot bitch

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Ahha thats kinda gay, why would you do that to a e30??? For a start the car is to heavy to cope with no travel in the suspension, unless you have wet dreams about bending your chassis :thumbsdown: E30's can go pretty low, just make sure u shorten your shocks, or just coilovers like me :P

post-5-1119049288.jpg

Guest Andrew

Ahha thats kinda gay, why would you do that to a e30??? For a start the car is to heavy to cope with no travel in the suspension, unless you have wet dreams about bending your chassis :thumbsdown: E30's can go pretty low, just make sure u shorten your shocks, or just coilovers like me :P

lets see pics of the coilover setup

That doesn't even look that low?

I dont have access to a computer at home and my car is currently getting a full overhaul after my crash, (running gear being put into a rolling body) the coilovers are only in the front and i have two stage adj. gas shocks (adj. to 50mm and 75mm) in the back, they are whiteline numbers i picked up from SAS. But when i have my car back i will get try my best to post some pics. BTW the pic of my car in my last post was so high because i was running low on rubber due to the camber, i didnt have enough money at the time to buy new tyres. :angry: