Sign in to follow this  
EuroBoy

Where to next?

The engine is almost finished!

One more night, 2 at the most and the engine will be fully swapped. finished. finally.

So now the question springs to mind, What to do next?

so i thought id ask all bimmersporters what they would do in my situation.

A stock, black e30 with m tech ii body kit.

The list is endless. for this seneario (sp) lets say money isn't an issue, and lets cover all things a car enthuseist would do. wheels, handling, interior, exterior, sounds (kind of underway) engine etc.

Cheers everyone

Ryan

Guest Spargo

upgraded sway bars

shocks

springs

full bushing kit

better diff ratio

disc rear brakes

m-tec steering wheel

tasteful 16-17" wheels

tidyup exterior, refit kit with new clips, so it sits correctly

hunt for rust

GENERAL MAINTENANCE

word, sams on the money with that setup

suspension is the win to rock first

Are Advanti stilletos tastefull?

rear brakes are disced, or do you mean upgrade?

Like the ideas so far, cheers guys

And if possible, prices and locations of getting these modifications

Cheers guys, big help

Edited by EuroBoy

Easiest way to upgrade swaybars is to chuck some on from a 325i, both rear and front. Cost about $50 for the back, about the same for the front i suppose. If you find a rear bar off and M3 or 325iX that would be even better. If you go aftermarket you should probably strengthen the rear mount points as the are quite weak. Decent sport shocks cost around 1K for all four, springs around 350. For the bushings have a look at Ireland Engineering or Powerflex, and put some M3 offset CABs in there. Brakes- a few guys are running Brembo rotors with metal king pads, retail on the Brembos is around 125each for the front from memory, can't remember on pads but the choice is endless for pads and rotors. Fresh fluid is a must and SS lines are also good. Z3 short shift lever is also a good upgrade.

EDIT- Just do a search on any of the ideas people talk about, its all been covered shitloads before.

Edited by petone

Holla on the full suspension upgrade (including bushes and sway bars)

Z3 lever is an easy DIY must

Rims are a personal choice but 16" is the money size IMO

Possible extas are colour coding, blacking out chrome, euro plates, clear indicators...list is endless

How about a nice set of basketweaves just to get the whole original look going..

Leather interior with sports seats?

Was looking at the leather interior option.

it will be cheaper to get two front buckets already leatherd, as apose to re-doing my current seats in leather... so i dont know where ill go there...

Possible extas are colour coding, blacking out chrome, euro plates, clear indicators...list is endless

Ive heard that if i have a 0 in my no. plate, i cant get a euro plate coz they dont have the dash throught the 0? Any more info on that?

I wanna black out the chrome round the doors, so thats a good one to bring up, for got about it. cheers

And the clear indicators... theres a list of companys you guys say DONT deal with. Can i have the link to a company that i should deal with?

Once again, Thanks

really need pics of the car for cosmetic stuff....but since you got kit smoked indicators/sides/tails arent that $$ ( see OLLIE ad in the FS section).....suspension set up, 40-50mm drop springs and some decent konis/bilsteins wil make ya happy. but making sure its all running sweet and knowing sh*t aint gonna break is good.

stilletos look good, but make sure they right offset, as heaps of those sorts of wheels have tendency to look like they way too much inwards cos of the wrong offset.....you prob wont find a sport leather interior, so releathering buckets would be sweet...maybe suede?

all depends on how much you want to spend

and def black out window chrome...its so ugly, i keep looking at mine and just wanting to do it!

and of course the mandatory 325 swap

Edited by Gus

Clear indicators and lenses are best bought off ebay, i've just bought a set of clear indicators and a set of clear repeators for $110 all up delivered.

Thanks for that carl, do you know the company you dealed with?

And i feel stupid for not knowing this one, but what petrol does my car run on? :unsure: (88 e30, m20 engine.)

I agree - Stillettos would look good. I was looking at them, but have now gone off them as there are so many cars up here with them.

Run it on no lower than 96, so 96 or 98 octane wateva ya wana.

I like Multi spokes but not so much the stilletto's, and plus I heard that the

paint comes off them pretty easy too.

I like the old TSW multis but they don't make them any more I think.