Sign in to follow this  
vanossa

rattle, rattle, rattle

Hi All. As per my topic in the general subject page. I would like to purchase some brake pads that won't cause a rattle in the future. Could someone please point me to some parts for this problem. I am in Queenstown Otago and have no stealership in the area (you'd think someone would service the market in this area what with all the peop$e that drive BMWs). My car is 1993' E36 325i Coupe (english assembled). Thanks in advance.

You can try Paul at MillAnd in Dunedin. We have no official dealer up here either, just "service" agents.

www.milland.co.nz He's a knowledgable guy, and can get EVERYthing. both genuine and aftermarket, good stuff too - never had an issue with anything from him. I believe he's ex-dealership anyway.

Edited by Allanw

I too use milland through trademe.

Good prices Excellent service.

Mostly genuine parts

Yep Paul at Milland who is also vonripsnorter on Bimmersport will be able to hook you up!

Yep Paul at Milland who is also vonripsnorter on Bimmersport will be able to hook you up!

Maybe he should advertise/sponsor on the forum so we know who he is.

I deal with him and didn't know he was a member.

Maybe he should advertise/sponsor on the forum so we know who he is.

I deal with him and didn't know he was a member.

:blush: Yes, I should & have been meaning to do that since same time last year !! ( Whoops )

Oliver, can you send me the info again please & I will get this done in the next few days

Hope every one had a brilliant Christmas & even better new year.

Cheers

Paul

:blush: Yes, I should & have been meaning to do that since same time last year !! ( Whoops )

Oliver, can you send me the info again please & I will get this done in the next few days

Hope every one had a brilliant Christmas & even better new year.

Cheers

Paul

Prolly more beneficial here ;)

Those carbon AC filters work great BTW.

I have your new mudflap kits here too, Hopefully that temp sensor is with them B)

Cheers

Sweet! - no rush though! I got the other "goodies" :-)

I suppose I should ask if you can help the OP, since I seem to have hijacked his thread... Oops!

cheers everyone will follow these leads. will post when resolved.

So today I have no rattle, due to correct OEM pads. Thanks for the help bimmersporters and Paul@milland, is highly recommended.

Ps... the other sound I found was a bearing which has been replaced now, too. Yay!...it's back

Isn't the use of copper grease on the caliper side of the pad suposed to help eliminate pad rattle & squeak ?

Isn't the use of copper grease on the caliper side of the pad suposed to help eliminate pad rattle & squeak ?

No. Copper slip is used on the slide surfaces and pad contact areas with the slides. Wurth do an antisqueel spray to coat the back of the pad surfaces. Good pads that fit correctly shouldn't rattle and the outer calliper spring must be fitted correctly

Edited by *Glenn*