Sign in to follow this  
rusdvl

Supersprint or Magnaflow exhaust

Hi guys,

Recently purchased an E39 540i and am wanting to replace the stock exhaust on it. Now from researching on youtube and google... I think a Supersprint or Magnaflow will do the trick quite nicely; question is, anyone know where I could purchase one? Second hand is fine (and since is cheaper might even be better). Also where is a good place to get it fitted? I live in Auckland.

Cheers,

I just took out the rear can (i only had 1 as the other was removed previously) and had a 3&1/4" stainless pipe welded in its place, sounds great and the resonator keeps it nice and quiet anyway.

supersprint are an awesome system however very expensive for what they are. Try Remus exhausts from Woolfe mufflers. Has same / better quality than ss but 1\3rd to 1\2 the price

Stock system has two mufflers at the back. Take out the main one and leave the other. Quiet while running around town. Awesome when you put your foot down. $100 vs $1000 same result.

Brent, what kinda exhaust is that?

twin pipes all the way 2.5" plus in size.

no front mufflers or cats , 750i v12 e32 centre muffler

and some cheap S/S rear muffler , power pro or something at the back.

K&N panel filter

the car started off with a factory 530i v8 system when i got it with the front cats cut out ,

sounded like this.

was a bit manky

i fitted that up when i put the 4.4 in souded ok ,

but i wanted something a little more v8 sounding

and the pipes where a bit flat in some areas and rust in the rear box ,

so next i fitted up a complete rear section from a e32 750i (bigger pipes etc)

had new larger front pipes welded in to match it.

it gave it a better sound but ended up being a bit quieter due to the huge size of the rear muffler,

so i then had that cut off and fitted a cheap power pro thing.

probably a bit loud now , cackles and pops on over run and light throttle etc.

but i cant be bothered changing it again

I cut out the old 'coffin muffler' from mine had fitted a 3" and a SS muffler.

It's a bit loud, bit hoony, and it does resonate, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than $700 plus freight.

It's on my round tuit list...

certainly makes the car go a lot better!

twin pipes all the way 2.5" plus in size.

no front mufflers or cats , 750i v12 e32 centre muffler

and some cheap S/S rear muffler , power pro or something at the back.

K&N panel filter

the car started off with a factory 530i v8 system when i got it with the front cats cut out ,

sounded like this.

was a bit manky

i fitted that up when i put the 4.4 in souded ok ,

but i wanted something a little more v8 sounding

and the pipes where a bit flat in some areas and rust in the rear box ,

so next i fitted up a complete rear section from a e32 750i (bigger pipes etc)

had new larger front pipes welded in to match it.

it gave it a better sound but ended up being a bit quieter due to the huge size of the rear muffler,

so i then had that cut off and fitted a cheap power pro thing.

probably a bit loud now , cackles and pops on over run and light throttle etc.

but i cant be bothered changing it again

That's a real nice sound... where can I get that done to mine? And if it ain't a secret... how much did that cost you?

Cheers

supersprint are an awesome system however very expensive for what they are. Try Remus exhausts from Woolfe mufflers. Has same / better quality than ss but 1\3rd to 1\2 the price

Thanks... will check them out.

Anyone know anything about the DTM TWIN PIPE muffler by Powerpro TWIN INLET? (http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/accessories/auction-438767961.htm)

I looked at supersprint and putting in a remus muffler, and both options are quite expensive.

I called Pit Stop and asked them if they replace just the mufflers, and the guy there said he has a few mates that have the 540's and that they have done it at the Pit Stop. They can replace the mufflers with their own stuff that he said makes it sound real good. But they don't cut the bumper to make it stick out and I don't know what their mufflers look like.

I quite like the twin pipes, and they said they can also install them and cut the bumper to make them stick out, but they don't guarantee the sound. He said it may make it sound real loud.

Anyone had any experience with just custom mufflers? Or just any thoughts on the subject...!?

Thanks

Most of what youre talking about just have weld on tips. So you can select the look you want. However the generec mufflers are of lower qaulity construction and materials. Usual story, pay for what you get type of thing.