Sign in to follow this  
Guest 04167

E39 m50 intake to M52 engine

Guest 4167

any one did a m50 mainfold mod into a m52 engine?do they help get more power ?it is for 528I auto.

any one did a m50 mainfold mod into a m52 engine?do they help get more power ?it is for 528I auto.

You will get a few more HP, but you will loose the torque from the engine. That is what the M52B28 manifold was designed for. Personaly I wouldn't do it on an Auto... I think you will be dissapointed. This mod is more suited to a manual vehicle with other mods to go with it.

Edited by *Glenn*

Guest 4167

thanks glenn.I thnik it total need $1500 +to build up.

prefer to do manual convertion.

I have a getrag 260 box off M20 engine.will they fit?

I have a getrag 260 box off M20 engine.will they fit?

The getrag 260 out of the E30 is probably not the right application for an E39. I'd be looking at the correct manual box or a ZF out of E36 or E46 328 manual- very hard to find though, and expensive

Yes you do get more power, but at the expense of torque. Personally I think it suits an auto, the power goes all the way to about 6,200rpm instead of tailing off at 5,600rpm or so. In sport mode the change point is at about 6,200, so for overtaking etc. it works well. The drop in torque at about 2,500 isn't that noticable in a 3 series, the extra weight of the 5 may make it seem worse though.

Jo