Sign in to follow this  
jcerecke

Resler Interface Out of Stock

Taken from Rolf's website:

As of today, August 29 2011, V6 interfaces are back on stock.

V4 interfaces are still out of stock! I am planning to offer an V4b unit in the next 2 months.

I really want the V4 interface but it's been out of stock for months and his last update in August shows some hope, but the deadline has long since passed. I've tried emailing him several times with no replies. The reason I want this particular interface is because I'm hoping to use it on an automation controller which needs RS232, but I don't want to have to program my own collision detection algorithm into the controller.

If anyone has a spare, I'd be keen to buy it. Also if anyone has any other links to alternatives that would be cool too, although I've searched quite a bit and found nothing that I don't have to make from scratch (don't mind a kit though).

I cant help with a DB9 version sorry.

Are you running this on a computer ?

Initially will use it to recode some options, but long term it'll be hooked up to an AMX automation controller, which has relays/rs232/IR/rs485/ethernet/and a few other bits and pieces. So I can make the car do custom stuff like say happy birthday to me on the MID hahahaha.

Taken from Rolf's website:

I really want the V4 interface but it's been out of stock for months and his last update in August shows some hope, but the deadline has long since passed. I've tried emailing him several times with no replies. The reason I want this particular interface is because I'm hoping to use it on an automation controller which needs RS232, but I don't want to have to program my own collision detection algorithm into the controller.

If anyone has a spare, I'd be keen to buy it. Also if anyone has any other links to alternatives that would be cool too, although I've searched quite a bit and found nothing that I don't have to make from scratch (don't mind a kit though).

NavCoder has collision detection in the software, not in the hardware.

My method is 99% reliable :-)

As jochen said you'll need to do it in software. The resler is just a max Tft converter. It does some logic level conversion from 12 volt down to serial.

NavCoder has collision detection in the software, not in the hardware.

My method is 99% reliable :-)

I appreciate that, but navcoder won't run on my AMX NXI :D

Perhaps if you gave me the algorithm you used in NavCoder, I could port it?? Haha.

As jochen said you'll need to do it in software. The resler is just a max Tft converter. It does some logic level conversion from 12 volt down to serial.

The interface is based on a Melexis TH3122 chip that implements perfect collision detection.

Collision detection is very vital for talking and receiving to the IBUS.

It's just even parity .. you can do this on a computer EG 9600,8,e,1 not 9600,8,n,1

On top of this Jochen's software and my yet to be annouce product also calculates the checksums in the ibus messages.

This is the only two forms of error checking the IBUS and DS2 protocols use.

I'm not a massive expert on this sort of thing, but collision detection isn't the same thing as checksums is it?

Collision detection is because Tx & Rx are on the same line. That's why you need itm in case two modules try sending a code at the same time, and if they do detect a collision, then each module waits a random amount of time and tries again correct?

And then checksums are just a "did I receive this code correctly?" thing.

Hybrid, is your top secret product a piece of software? Or hardware? Haha just curious, I love hacking around with things and making them do something other than what they were intended to do.

Just use diodes and a logic level converter to convert the lines from 3 wire to 4. sparkfun.com is your friend.

RE: Project. Both .. but not the same as Jochens

yes it is isnt it. Have spent a year learning all of this stuff down to bit level and it is truely an amazing system when you get into the nuts and bolts of it all. I have also had a lot of help from Jochen to get started. So credit to him :)

Yeah I looked at those, although for that price I figured it was just something similar to Jochen's SimpleInterface2 and not as fancy as the resler one. I think I might as well just get it though. Don't really see many other options unless I buy a Melexis TH3122 chip off resler and copy his V4 schematics.

Hold up..

What UART output does your automation controller have ?

No idea what that really means, but it does RS232/RS422/RS485. It also does sort of hi/lo voltage sensing type thing, but that's designed (being an home automation controller) for sensing relays/buttons/that sort of thing rather than a communications bus.