Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

HMS E30

Then its tune, wof/rego, & other small things like the seatbelt mounts.....

haha love the order. ...wof... then the seatbelt mounts, i need to find a wof guy like this, currently off the road due to no wof or cert. its all legitimate just engines a litre more than ment to be with 2 extra cylinders and more plans before i get my cert

haha love the order. ...wof... then the seatbelt mounts, i need to find a wof guy like this, currently off the road due to no wof or cert. its all legitimate just engines a litre more than ment to be with 2 extra cylinders and more plans before i get my cert

good on you for resisting the temptation to drive it around with no cert! i wasnt that good!

i got some 850cc for bugger all off ebay

I got the 440's for $46nz ea. Thought that wasn't too bad for brand new :D

What hp do the 440cc's limit the m30 to?

Well i can probably get a warrant with the current NZKW mounts but I wouldn't feel safe at all leaving it as is. So I'm gonna drive it to my welding friend to get some mounting plates welded to the trans tunnel/floor. Don't really want to be driving the car around without a wof at least.

I got the 440's for $46nz ea. Thought that wasn't too bad for brand new :D

What hp do the 440cc's limit the m30 to?

Depends on your fuel pressure and how efficient the engine is at peak hp, but online calcs say about 450-500hp

Depends on your fuel pressure and how efficient the engine is at peak hp, but online calcs say about 450-500hp

The e30 has a 3.5 bar fuel pressure, and ive gt a RRFPR. Sounds about right, was hoping for at least 450

horsies on 1 bar.

Here's my ECU Config, is anything out of place? Also I need some help setting the "ebc duty" and the "ebc c duty".

post-2821-1330737972.jpg

Yeah but not very well, also not sure if the EBC is working correctly.

Yeah but not very well, also not sure if the EBC is working correctly.

that i wouldnt worry about until its tuned just run gate setting of whatever the spring is do the frilly bits after

I've got the standard 38mm gate spring in atm which is 0.5bar, what would the gate setting be? Any idea of when you'll have some free time to tune? Car is based in Greenlane now.

Edited by André3000

Am pretty sure he means tune the car on 0.5 bar first, then when its running perfectly on that worry about (1) higher boost; and (2) using the ebc.

Since those manual boost t's are so cheap you could just about tune it for higher boost with one of those - its one less thing to worry about at a time.

(note - don't really know what I am talking about, but this is my plan when I get there)