Sign in to follow this  
SRacin

E34 Aux in Options

Hi All,

Look for options to get some sounds from iphone to factory head unit.

Some quick reserach has found the following options, just wondering pros/cons of each and if there is anything available locally;

1. Fm Modulator

Basically I ahve an iTrip and the Sound quality is rubbish, so not that interested, however would one of something like the following been any better?

Bestbuy isimple fm modulator

2. Take factory RDS headunit apart and do the tape mod. Details on this was abit sketchy, but something about installing a cable so can use TAPE as aux in. Once again dubious SQ maybe?

3. CD stacker aux in mod. Once again details sketchy but something to do with extracting the line in wires and leaving the rest connected, then having a dummy cd in place? Sound quality is supposed to be excellent.

3b. Install something like this beside the stacker in the boot rather than running a cable, however its expensive, and I just want a very simple version of this;

Visit My Website

What other ideas recommendations do the gurus have?

Cheers

always go for a direct input with cables , no to fm units or tape adators etc

which head do you have , pictures??

Hi All,

Look for options to get some sounds from iphone to factory head unit.

Some quick reserach has found the following options, just wondering pros/cons of each and if there is anything available locally;

1. Fm Modulator

Basically I ahve an iTrip and the Sound quality is rubbish, so not that interested, however would one of something like the following been any better?

Bestbuy isimple fm modulator

2. Take factory RDS headunit apart and do the tape mod. Details on this was abit sketchy, but something about installing a cable so can use TAPE as aux in. Once again dubious SQ maybe?

3. CD stacker aux in mod. Once again details sketchy but something to do with extracting the line in wires and leaving the rest connected, then having a dummy cd in place? Sound quality is supposed to be excellent.

3b. Install something like this beside the stacker in the boot rather than running a cable, however its expensive, and I just want a very simple version of this;

Visit My Website

What other ideas recommendations do the gurus have?

Cheers

I did number 3, but heres a tip if you do this option. Make sure you actually put a music file on the disk.. Just go to your itunes or whatever and take the lomgest song or two you have and burn it to a disk, you want to try fill the disk so the cd doesnt overheat. It will go into an error loop if you dont do that.

There are also direct connect FM RDS devices which link into the aerial system, when the iPod is playing it automatically disconnects the outside aerial(s) and injects the audio in to the head deck. if it is RDS enable, the track ID will be display. PM me if you want further details.