Sign in to follow this  
OneSeventy

VIN Numbers and Build-sheets

I'm just wondering - I have seen a few other BMW forums where people have been putting their VIN numbers up and other members who have access are then supplying them with build-sheets that give all the details of the options that their car was originally purchased with.

What I want to know is whether anyone here has access to something like this that may be willing to do the same? I know there are websites that will give some minor details for free, but they are usually details you already know. There are also a few sites that charge and give more information, but I'm not sure I would trust them with my money, or that I am quite that keen to know.

I apologise if this has come up before. If it has, please direct me to the topic - I couldn't find it!

Cheers.

I'm currently not at work so i can't do it. PM "Sam@TMBMW" ask him nicely and he should be able to do it.

Try this topic, it should help.

BMW ASAP

Edited by tmase

Cheers guys, this has been hugely helpful. The link in the BMW ASAP topic is a bit hard to follow and find info though!

Cheers guys, this has been hugely helpful. The link in the BMW ASAP topic is a bit hard to follow and find info though!

You have to go into the webETK section and then into 'Specific parts search' then 'Components of other vehicles' to then enter your VIN - after that the 'Options' tab at the top in grey will display your buildsheet.

You have to go into the webETK section and then into 'Specific parts search' then 'Components of other vehicles' to then enter your VIN - after that the 'Options' tab at the top in grey will display your buildsheet.

That's exactly what I'm after. Thanks mate!

To get into webetk i click on webepc...i assume thats right but webetk is all in German, is that the right page?

To get into webetk i click on webepc...i assume thats right but webetk is all in German, is that the right page?

Yeah I got that too for a bit, its a super glitchy website and its different almost every time I go into it.

Once you've entered the username and password and you're in, click the top option in the blue side bar which should be titled "Einstellungen".

Then look for a drop-down menu which has "deutsch" in it, change it to "english" then click ">>".

It should reload in English so hit "Specific Parts Search" in the sidebar, and then "Components of Vehicles". Enter the last 7 digits of your VIN number and hit ">>".

Once you've done that, it should show some details of your car. Then hit "Options" which is in grey right at the top of the page.

Edited by OneSeventy

its easier(if you are close) just to take your vin into a bmw dealer and ask nicely....

Very cool, thanks!

Even matches the build sheet I found stuffed under the drivers seat. And confirmation that the strange mags my 540is came with are factory and not throwing stars..

S274A BMW LM GUSSRAD/FLACHSTERNSTYLI BMW LA wheel/flat star styling