Sign in to follow this  
tonylauno1

deleted thread

Ok, so was i not suppose to post a thread about a Michelin dealer giving BMW Club members a good price?

An explanation to know what rules i had broken would be appreciated otherwise i will make the same mistake again.

Whoever deleted my Michelin tyre thread, can you send me a message to tell me what rules i have broken so i won't make the same mistake again.

Thank you kindly

maybe something to do with the fact we have a tyre sponsor and other forum sponsor's also provide new tyres? most logical thing I can think of.

I'm sure the moderator will reply to you regarding this. The advertising rule in the Forum rules is a little vague and could be missunderstood. However advertisers (businesses) must have permission to advertise on the forum. I also think this rule should be reworded to make it clearer to forum members.

Hi,

Yes it was I.

The thread unfortunately stepped into the bounderies of our sponsors which is using bimmersport to advertise a deal on a compeditors product.

If it was more an informative thread rather offering a deal it most likely would of not been moderated.

Hope that helps explain the decision.

Cheers

Josh

Ok, so I could say Michelin Tyres have dropped their prices sharply 5-6 months ago and now they are very affordable.

eg I got a pair of Michelin PS3 for the price of a Bridgestone RE002.

Hi,

Yes it was I.

The thread unfortunately stepped into the bounderies of our sponsors which is using bimmersport to advertise a deal on a compeditors product.

If it was more an informative thread rather offering a deal it most likely would of not been moderated.

Cheers

Josh

forum sponsorship surely can not condone anti competitve practices

I'm sure the moderator will reply to you regarding this. The advertising rule in the Forum rules is a little vague and could be missunderstood. However advertisers (businesses) must have permission to advertise on the forum. I also think this rule should be reworded to make it clearer to forum members.

I think it needs to be more visible too :)

Hands up who have ever read any rules for anything wherever they have an account? It could be an trademe account, or bimmersport or Apple or gmail etc

forum sponsorship surely can not condone anti competitve practices

Become a sponsor and compete for forum member business..... easy as... contact admin

Hi,

Yes it was I.

Cheers

Josh

I wasn't advertising, just passing on good deals that I have come across. Even if they didn't offer BMW Club Members a discount, the prices are already low enough for everyone to take notice and go WOW Michelin PS3.

ie Firestone at Glenfield the one next to Toyota is offering insane prices on Bridgestone RE11. Need to call and ask for certain someone to tell him you saw it on a Altezza Club forum.

from

So the question is, could I say what I said in my deleted thread and

1) not mention BMW Club Members get a further discount and

2) only mention their company name instead of address & contact number

Would this still be classified as advertising?

If this is not then Great, I can repost and the only difference is BMW Club Members won't get the discount anymore. This just means that all BMW Club Members suffers from being on this forum.

If Forum rules prevents us all from "advertising" then that's fine, we can all respect the rules if we know what it is. But this just means the same discount will get spread through another medium. With or without this Forum, members will still get the discount as it spread thought another medium.

I wasn't advertising, just passing on good deals that I have come across. Even if they didn't offer BMW Club Members a discount, the prices are already low enough for everyone to take notice and go WOW Michelin PS3.

ie Firestone at Glenfield the one next to Toyota is offering insane prices on Bridgestone RE11. Need to call and ask for certain someone to tell him you saw it on a Altezza Club forum.

from

So the question is, could I say what I said in my deleted thread and

1) not mention BMW Club Members get a further discount and

2) only mention their company name instead of address & contact number

Would this still be classified as advertising?

If this is not then Great, I can repost and the only difference is BMW Club Members won't get the discount anymore. This just means that all BMW Club Members suffers from being on this forum.

If Forum rules prevents us all from "advertising" then that's fine, we can all respect the rules if we know what it is. But this just means the same discount will get spread through another medium. With or without this Forum, members will still get the discount as it spread thought another medium.

Sponsorship = Support and Censorship

We will all have different positions on where we stand on this. I personally prefer less restrictions on what can be said. How ever it would be interesting to hear from those in the know how much support and value the sponsors add to the forum.

I think that this is a well put expression on one of the costs of Sponsorship. Some better clarity around advertising with some examples would be a positive outcome.