Sign in to follow this  
shaneg

Joined the 250,000 club

I left Auckland on the 26th of December and as of today have driven 5342km..

So roughly 1000km a week, cars been great, aside from the oil seperator valve/ccv which had a horrible scream and smokey tailpipe when i started it, and also my rear view mirror leaking on my leg but thanks to ray at hellbm sending them to me i was able to cure. It mustve had a slow leak for a while as there is a noticable difference in acceleration from stand still.

Now.. new rotors, pads, sensors, front tyres, tie rods and new headlights it'll be like new lol

Also pulled all my doors apart and greased all the clips and have only 1 rattle to fix which is the cruise control buttons slightly shaking.

My passeneger door had the worst, the window guide rail was completely loose at the top, had to pull the window right out to get it.. The screw was completly undone!

oh and a pixel repair :-)

Posted Image

Those window rattles are nasty, very common for the nuts to loosen, usually don't have to pull window out to get to them though. You did quite a journey by the sounds of it.

Those window rattles are nasty, very common for the nuts to loosen, usually don't have to pull window out to get to them though. You did quite a journey by the sounds of it.

It was the top left one right behind the airbag, there is a hole to tighten it but was hidden even when the window was up.. Could kinda get my hand on it but was easier to pull the window out.. Re tightend all windows too, some had a little play.

Yeah i was halfway along the desert rd when we were stopped as there was a head on crash so had to go back, and was going to miss the ferry, took the scenic route along the forgotten highway, stopped in hawera to see the people that bred my malamute and then caught the late ferry.. Can highly reccomend bluebridge, the have now got a boat with cabins! Had a shower and a sleep while crossing. Awesome.

Have driven dunedin to queenstown twice too. Visit the parents.

It's a shame how the pixels go dead like they have on your E39..

Mine are all still working in my 22 year old E34... seems absurd they would go wrong in a car half the age!

Guess it just goes back the whole quality/accountant interference that took place all those years ago.