Sign in to follow this  
///MPROVD

e36 performance issues please help

hey guys i need some help/advice i have a e36 m52b25 325 the problem im having when i go to take off from a stand still i sometimes get a large lag as i pull away the motor seem to be be staved of fuel or something similar i also after a decent drive i remove the key from the ignition the engine seems to still want to run and dies at first i thought it was a fuel issue so i replaced injectors and fuel reg all fuel line i also replace the spark plugs and coils i checked all vacuum lines i still get the same problem i also have extremely bad economy like 300 km to a tank and the performance of the cars is less than satisfactory i have no idea as to how to fix this the cars still starts every time also this may or may not help but if car is in neutral and i accurate to over a 1500 rpm the revs rise with the accelerator and when i back off the revs drop and fall to about 500rpm and engine almost stalls and then rise back to idle plese help cheers jayden

Edited by ibboostn

air flow meter or engine temp sensor

air flow meter or engine temp sensor

hey cheers bro ill give that ago engine temp sensor is located where? on the block? also would a m50b20 afm off my non vanos 5 series work

Cheers

Edited by ibboostn

hey cheers bro ill give that ago engine temp sensor is located where? on the block? also would a m50b20 afm off my non vanos 5 series work

Cheers

temp sensor is loated on the inlet side of the head just behind oil filter housing.

no afm has to be from same type , so if its a m50b25 vanos then you need one of those types , they are a common one to fail.

do you run the factory air filter or some sort of pod or k&n filter ,

did you oil the filter?? the oil will ruin the afm sensor

m50b20 has a smaller diameter intake to m50b25NV fyi

temp sensor is loated on the inlet side of the head just behind oil filter housing.

no afm has to be from same type , so if its a m50b25 vanos then you need one of those types , they are a common one to fail.

do you run the factory air filter or some sort of pod or k&n filter ,

did you oil the filter?? the oil will ruin the afm sensor

i have a aftermarket factory replacement one of the washable k&n type but not oiled or washed is there a way to test the afm

i have a aftermarket factory replacement one of the washable k&n type but not oiled or washed is there a way to test the afm

take it to a garage with scanner or swap it out for another one.

i have one.

in papakura

take it to a garage with scanner or swap it out for another one.

i have one.

in papakura

cheers bro i have my own scanner just a cheap one ill scan it over again and check for faults are you ok with me testing with your afm if it works ill be happy to buy it off you and id be keen as to check out your supercharged e36 thanks for all your help