Sign in to follow this  
Zadkiel

M52B28 into an E30

Is this a relatively straight forward swap? You know as far as engine swaps go, no firewall cutting or anything? Alternatively what is the best BMW engine to fit in there with ease and give a decent power increase?

fairly easy and straight forward as long as you have a mentor who has done it before.

as far as best engine goes, probably an S50B32, but good luck finding one. M52 is probably the best bang for buck in an e30, though im biased

Is this a relatively straight forward swap? You know as far as engine swaps go, no firewall cutting or anything? Alternatively what is the best BMW engine to fit in there with ease and give a decent power increase?

Thought you were making it into a series car?

Ha yeah a S50 would be nice, but I'm looking more reasonable here! Have you done it?

Ha yeah a S50 would be nice, but I'm looking more reasonable here! Have you done it?

i did M52

And to reply to the series comment, indeed that was the original plan. However I am weighing up my options. Went round Hampton last week and I am a bit concerned the the m20 is going to be heart rendingly slow.

I put an M54 into mine and it's fun.

And to reply to the series comment, indeed that was the original plan. However I am weighing up my options. Went round Hampton last week and I am a bit concerned the the m20 is going to be heart rendingly slow.

A litlle yes...on the straights, but we are all racing the same so it is very close racing. Also, they brake & go around corners as quick as anything else

ive got an m52 e30. you can come look if ya like, no driving tho as its out of wof and cant get a new one till i finish it and cert it. it is certanly alot of fun to drive. theres no cutting, only thing in the way is the brake booster and there are many options out there that will fit.

i didnt however setup the engine to run on the m50 wiring harness so not sure i can help you with that, but can help with the harness adapter and just about anything else.

also search the conversion on google, there are many 24v e30s out there

Well current engine is getting checked out tomorrow so we'll see how that goes, if it needs work then the swap might be a go.