Sign in to follow this  
shadowninja

M3 CSL at 251kph let off ticket

Driver let off at 251kmh

20 June 2005 

A Scotsman clocked at 251kmh (156mph) while on his cellphone has been cleared in the UK on a technicality.

Fife-based Ronnie Klos, who races in his spare time, argued that he was not served the correct papers to notify him of the case, as prosecutors had failed to send out a "notice of intended prosecution".

The sheriff concluded that there was also insufficient evidence to press a charge of driving culpably or recklessly.

Klos, whose speed was recorded by roadside cameras, was said by prosecutors to have been driving his silver BMW M3 CSL with an utter disregard to the consequences of others.

However, there were issues of identification of the driver, as despite there being photos of him behind the wheel, the owner claimed a friend "must have borrowed his car" after a party.

unbeleivable .... you think that can be done in nz ?

interesting, but this guy is no legend if he drives like this on puplic roads, .......................hes a plonka.

On the autobahns or race track, that cool, but on puplic roads............................. :thumbsdown:

Edited by vonripsnorter

Guest Spargo

At least he used the system, top man. F88king cops can do the same speed and say they were familiarising themselves with the car.

Top bloke!

People borrow my car all the time after parties and clock 200km on the m/way.

Other people, not me.

interesting, but this guy is no legend if he drives like this on puplic roads, .......................hes a plonka.

On the autobahns or race track, that cool, but on puplic roads............................. :thumbsdown:

Yeah i agree, Keep it for the track.

He's got a M3 CSL - how cool is that?

Flying Scotsman?

Other people, not me. 

Then why do you let them borrow it?

Or do I hear a Tui Billboard coming up here... (yeah right)

Other people, not me.

if someone borrowed any of my cars & did this, there would be no way in hell they would ever do that again., infact i dont know anyone who would do that in one of my cars in the first place.

I think you need new friends!!

Pure idioticey !! i don't even know how to spell that damn word ...

i certainly would kick whom ever it is that takes my car at 200kmph ..

Roads in the Uk are a little different to what we have here guys.

There was another case like this a few years ago wasn't there? Guy with a supercar gets caught at nuts speed, has extensive racing experience, uses this in court to get the dangerous part of the offence dropped?

Guest Andrew

Other people, not me.

if someone borrowed any of my cars & did this, there would be no way in hell they would ever do that again., infact i dont know anyone who would do that in one of my cars in the first place.

I think you need new friends!!

:rolleyes:

nah, not on a public road, he deserved to go down

Agreed. 150kay is probably bad enough, let alone 250kay.

Save that for the tracks.

ScD is right

If you've seen some of the roads in UK and Europe you can understand how easy it is given their speed limit is 70mph but alot do 80+ (including my aunt who drives at 90mph everywhere she can). It just seems to me like there's a small culture of speed coupled with a relaxed attitude towards it.

Sure, if it was in NZ then lets all go tut tut, but it wasn't.

Should point out, however, that very few cars can get anywhere near 250kph on any of NZ's race tracks, especially not an M3, so it can't be saved for the racetrack leaving only one place to do it.

I'll voice my support of illegal speed runs. Viva Life!

Viva Life!!!!!!

its not worth it guys............please dont just look at these pictures as an "amazining" wreck, but remember, there was some one in the drivers seat of both of these cars here, ..........................................Viva life

post-18-1119563088.jpg

Edited by vonripsnorter

Guest Andrew

Should point out, however, that very few cars can get anywhere near 250kph on any of NZ's race tracks, especially not an M3, so it can't be saved for the racetrack leaving only one place to do it.

I reckon an M3 would do 250 down the back straight of puke.

I reckon an M3 would do 250 down the back straight of puke.
Yeah, getting close, Ive been down the back straight in a new M3 last year with Jeff Brabham driving, I was hanging on to the passangers seat so didnt have much time to look at the speedo!!!!

a 325 does at least 200 down back straight.....im sure an m3 (not e30, prob e36) would hit 250 easy..ish

a 325 does at least 200 down back straight.....im sure an m3 (not e30, prob e36) would hit 250 easy..ish

I dont think we got to 250, mind you, there were 4 people in it, & jeff was giving this thing stick, wore out three sets of tyres in as many days & was purposly getting it as sideways as much as he could at the end of the straight!!, it was a buzz

He did the same thing the year before, at Taupo, but then we seemed to spend alot of time in controled side ways travel at a great number of knots

Edited by vonripsnorter

Viva Life!!!!!!

its not worth it guys............please dont just look at these pictures as an "amazining" wreck, but remember, there was some one in the drivers seat of both of these cars here, ..........................................Viva life

I spose when you are on a track you have you deflector shields turned on, so nothing like that could ever happen on the track.

Viva Life!!!!!!

I spose when you are on a track you have you deflector shields turned on, so nothing like that could ever happen on the track.
I think you may have missed the whole point......................, go back & have a read