Sign in to follow this  
///MPROVD

e36 318 lsd ?

hey guys i recently read an post here but cant find it i was hope you could shed some light on this i read that a 318 e36 diff is an lsd is this true and if so will they fit into a 6cyl model and what are the pros and cons of this. ive heard this it true in the e30 models. so are they any good i find it hard to believe but hey i would love to be convinced otherwise besides who doesnt love lsd's haha

cheers

No not all. 166mm lsd's are kinda rare

There are plenty of 188mm ones around. I think theres a couple on trademe atm

No not all. 166mm lsd's are kinda rare

There are plenty of 188mm ones around. I think theres a couple on trademe atm

i dont understand are 318 lsd ??? are 6cyl 166 or 188 cheers

it was an option for the 318is but not standard on all of them

320i uses the 166 diff, otherwise all the other 6 cylinder models use the 188

easy enough to find a 188 lsd

just for a little info, the diffs they are talking about are some times referred to as small and medium case diffs, but lsd's will generally go for around the 800 mark. they are great diffs and actually use a propper lsd setup unlike nissans etc. and before you go out and get one, look into he ratio of the one you currently have and work off that to see what will work.

just for a quick note i have a 3.25 ratio lsd behind my 2.8l e30 and i think its much to long but then again that could just be my opinion and someone else may say the opposite .

I have several medium case or 188mm LSD's with 4.1 ratio and 3.46 ratio. The 3.46 I am asking $800 and for the 4.1 which has been refurbished I am asking $950. I am going to the Taupo round so no doubt I could get it to Auckland with someone from the meeting to cut out freight costs. No doubt some beer might have to change hands.