Sign in to follow this  
allan

Philips D2S bulbs

Was given a pair of these and apart from fitting them to the correct headlight, which I don't have is their any way to tell if they are still OKl

Cheers

Was given a pair of these and apart from fitting them to the correct headlight, which I don't have is their any way to tell if they are still OKl

Cheers

d2s...hmmm i wonder what bulbs i have ????If they are the same we could check them next weekend??

connect to a 12v power source?

They'd need the ballast to ignite them. Best bet is plug them into a car with xenons I guess!

Thanks thought that they may have to be plugged in to test.

Not to sure what the 12volts would do they need a hefty charge to ignite the gas I believe.

Normally (exact system dependent) the startup voltage is around 20kV which then drops back to around 700V - so no, you can't just connect it to 12V... You do need a ballast for them to fire.

Depending on the car .. Original BMW Xenon (Philips DS2) bulbs retail for around $320 each new.

i have xenons in the 120d allan,and i think it has the same bulbs so we can check em next week

Depending on the car .. Original BMW Xenon (Philips DS2) bulbs retail for around $320 each new.

d2s or ds2???

Check on trademe their are some for $79 odd not sure of the quality etc. that would be great to check them out Paul thanks. Just checked and they have Philips Germany

Hg D2S 35W 85122

E1 03V DOT 2L527

written on the base

Edited by allan