Sign in to follow this  
swordfish

Need help to decide!

I have a chance to buy a very rare set of wheels. They are R17s 9.5 ET20 fronts and 10.5 ET27 rears. I am going to buy them if they are going to fit E36 M3 with little or no work. Any suggestions? Ideas? Knowledge? Welcome :)

I am going to buy them if they are going to fit E36 M3 with little or no work.

Maaate, you're dreaming!

I see an E46 Fender Flare Job at the least.

What tyres to you think you'd run in them??

Stretched ass 235/255 combo

EDIT: Look up Vorslag, they have done numerous tyre/wheel fitment testing on the E36.

IIRC 18x10 et43 with 265/35's can be squeezed on an E36 with a fender roll/pull and the right combo of alignment specs

Edited by E30-323ti

The amount of work that needs to be done will depend on how much camber and stretch you are will to run. Look up anyone with z3 m roadstars as the rears work out the same but bear in mind most people with those are running 215/45 which you won't get on a 10.5inch rim.

In my opinion, buy the wheels and an e34 and put them on that.

Maaate, you're dreaming!

EDIT: Look up Vorslag, they have done numerous tyre/wheel fitment testing on the E36.

IIRC 18x10 et43 with 265/35's can be squeezed on an E36 with a fender roll/pull and the right combo of alignment specs

Yeah I think stretched 235 and 255 sounds about right. Offsets on those are et20 and et27, but their lip does not look big at all so I am guessing a big part of the disc is going to be hidden under the car...

The amount of work that needs to be done will depend on how much camber and stretch you are will to run. Look up anyone with z3 m roadstars as the rears work out the same but bear in mind most people with those are running 215/45 which you won't get on a 10.5inch rim.

In my opinion, buy the wheels and an e34 and put them on that.

I will be running reversed Evo plates at the front so will have around 2.5 negative camber. At the rear I will have adjustable arms to adjust for lowering etc etc. And will install FK adjustable coilovers

Yeah I know... I saw this thread before these wheels would be most preferable for me at the moment and not even close to 9.5J front and 10.5 rears. Looking at them at the moment and seeing a few threads I am not sure if I will be going for that look. However, I will be still thinking of bringing these in into the country, so those who might be interested in these insane wheels let me know...

You'll be into pretty skinny tyres, possibly, eg this guy has +20/+22, but needed 205s and 215s:

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8887

205's wouldn't be legal on the widths above. 215's would be ok on the front but the rears could be a problem.

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/infoshee...ility_Guide.pdf

I have 9.5 ET20 on mine no problemo. With a 225/35

What wheels are we talking about? ^_^

Really?! Then I am all over them... :D

I think my E30 has paint thicker than the sidewall of a 225/35 on a 9.5"

But yeah, what wheels are we talking about here....

Edited by E30-323ti

Don't want to release all the info, but they are forged, two piece genuine wheels.

Don't want to release all the info, but they are forged, two piece genuine wheels.

Pics or BAN

+

This Thread is useless without pics

=

You might as well have asked: Can I fit 35" Mud Dawgs' on my E36 without any mods? Or does it need a body lift?

Throw us a freckin' bone man!!

No one wants to cut your cheese and beat you to the uber stretched pimp'd E36 M3 NZ title.

Really?! Then I am all over them... :D

That is the rear and it is mighty tight

I think my E30 has paint thicker than the sidewall of a 225/35 on a 9.5"

But yeah, what wheels are we talking about here....

3 inches is a lot of paint mate..

Send me a PM of the wheel details :)

Maaate, you're dreaming!

This^

yeah but the above wheels are going to sit another 20mm further in and 6 mm further out. And good luck trying to stretch a tyre on. We just put a 245/30R20 on a 10" wide rim and I reckon as soon as he drove around a corner it would roll off the bead!

That is the rear and it is mighty tight

3 inches is a lot of paint mate..

Send me a PM of the wheel details :)

Like bollocks you have a 3" side wall.

well maybe if you're measuring the slope length :lol: [or from the rim bead not the lip]

My 225/45's on 9's would only have ~3" (from the lip)

An the E30 is pretty old, with a repaint or two :lol:

Oh right, since this is getting quite serious. These are all the details. Wheels are Enkei, forged, two piece.

Photos

post-4193-1334188902.jpg

post-4193-1334188912.jpg

post-4193-1334188918.jpg

post-4193-1334188924.jpg

post-4193-1334188929.jpg

post-4193-1334188936.jpg

Like bollocks you have a 3" side wall.

well maybe if you're measuring the slope length :lol: [or from the rim bead not the lip]

My 225/45's on 9's would only have ~3" (from the lip)

An the E30 is pretty old, with a repaint or two :lol:

Haha yea they are pretty stretched but I compensate a little with buying higher rated tyres that have a stiffer sidewall

Is it back on the road yet?

To be honest swordfish. You could get these rims to fit.. but you would have to run the skinniest tyre ever. You could never run any practical tyre sizes. Nice wheels never the less

Yeap very very sad that they are not going to fit properly :( Why wouldn't BMW have flares as Supras, that would be so awesome!!!

Edited by swordfish

Why wouldn't BMW have flares as Supras, that would so awesome!!!

*facepalm*

'Cause the E36 is not from the early '80s

Posted Image

or the mid '70s

Posted Image

Although, there is one of the E36 GTR body kits on Trademe at the moment if you wanted some 'flares'

*facepalm*

'Cause the E36 is not from the early '80s

Posted Image

or the mid '70s

Posted Image

Although, there is one of the E36 GTR body kits on Trademe at the moment if you wanted some 'flares'

Lol no thanks hahaha I've see that one and I am not after a crocodile at the moment, maybe later. I am ready to pay the price for the wheels but that car doesn't deserve them.

Can I have the details if the wheels are in new Zealand seeing you ain't gonna buy them?

Can I have the details if the wheels are in new Zealand seeing you ain't gonna buy them?

Sorry wheels are from the country I am originally from, so I would have to go through a massive process just to get them here.