Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

///M 550d

0-100 in 4.7 seconds 740nm and 280kw tri-turbo 3 litre diesel & a redline now of 5500rpm

How epic! I counted 0-200 in about 18 seconds.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Will be a stunner for sure! Can't wait to drive it!

Will be a stunner for sure! Can't wait to drive it!

When are they due on your showroom floor mate? Imagine these f**kers remapped!

Bloody Hell!

Guest Ari Gold

Mildly offt topic, has anyone actually seen a remapped diesel BMW in NZ?

Is all that tri-turbo goodness going to fit in a RHD model?

The lower (big) turbo does seem to sit forward, but......

Pretty sure Paul re-mapped his 120d

I understand Gavin has done quite a few

When are they due on your showroom floor mate? Imagine these f**kers remapped!

Mid to late this year, BMW germany had these at 800nm but decided on reliabilty over neck snapping.

Is all that tri-turbo goodness going to fit in a RHD model?

The lower (big) turbo does seem to sit forward, but......

Pretty sure Paul re-mapped his 120d

true

My X5 has been done, couldn't recommend it enough, lowers fuel consumption and 100nm more and 40kw more, but power more at the higher RPM, and somehow less lag?!?!

We've heard throught the grape vine if you do a few tweaks here and there, i.e chip, remap, tuning of such, that you could quite easily reach Veyron toruqe figures!!!

We've heard throught the grape vine if you do a few tweaks here and there, i.e chip, remap, tuning of such, that you could quite easily reach Veyron toruqe figures!!!

And I'm sure there would be a molten pile of transmission left on the ground to prove it.

Speaking of which, pumping another 100Nm through the stock E53 trans will end it tears at some point surely.

Prob. when towing +2000kg or racecar/trailer/suppiles in the middle of nowhere.

Greg, is there a 'heavy duty' tow package for he likes of the E53, with trans coolers etc... that should be installed for such situations??

With the X5?

Dunno about Veyron figures but spoke to a guy on failbook who used to work for superchips.co.uk and they remapped and fiddled with a 160kw X5 and achieved 270kw and 850nm (which was doing 0-60mph in under mid 5 seconds) very easily and ran it for two years very hard without incident. I guess they only offer 600nm for legal and liability reasons but he said 700-750nm was very easy and they could send me the file to do it.

And I'm sure there would be a molten pile of transmission left on the ground to prove it.

Speaking of which, pumping another 100Nm through the stock E53 trans will end it tears at some point surely.

Prob. when towing +2000kg or racecar/trailer/suppiles in the middle of nowhere.

Greg, is there a 'heavy duty' tow package for he likes of the E53, with trans coolers etc... that should be installed for such situations??

The E70 has an 8 speed trans, not like an E53 trans at all! They are stupidly strong now, ZF have come to the party at last with their reliability.

I'm not sure with the E53 but the E70 has a "tow" option which includes reinforced engine mounts, huge cooling fan, coolers etc.

With the X5?

Dunno about Veyron figures but spoke to a guy on failbook who used to work for superchips.co.uk and they remapped and fiddled with a 160kw X5 and achieved 270kw and 850nm (which was doing 0-60mph in under mid 5 seconds) very easily and ran it for two years very hard without incident. I guess they only offer 600nm for legal and liability reasons but he said 700-750nm was very easy and they could send me the file to do it.

740nm and 380bhp standard with the tri turbo, when it was being produced the figures were high 800nm but BMW brought the figures back down for obvious reasons, these numbers can come back up plus some with simple tuning options, remember there is still BMW Peformance bits that can be fitted too.

I've always had the 6 speed auto on the diesels. Are they any stronger than the 5 speed auto's? I ran my old E53 facelift diesel for over a year remapped and no issues, no issues with my current one either.

I've always had the 6 speed auto on the diesels. Are they any stronger than the 5 speed auto's? I ran my old E53 facelift diesel for over a year remapped and no issues, no issues with my current one either.

With the amount of power it was putting out there would be no prob, the new 8 is a lot better. The 6 speed is just the replacemnet of the 5, no better or worse.

And the snag?

There isn’t one – providing you live in mainland Europe. The four-wheel drive system can’t (or won’t) be engineered for right-hand drive applications though because the steering column is in the way of the transfer ‘box. BMW could feasibly do a rear-drive version for Britain, but it feels that a car with this much torque needs the added traction of four driven wheels. Brits will get the triple-turbo engine in the X5 and X6 SUVs instead.

Car Magazine UK

Seems like an odd place for a 'transfer box'

Do they mean the front diff maybe?

Diesel Guy.

How much 'heavy' towing have you done with either of your chip'd E53's??

Loaded Car Trailer or Boat etc...

Edited by E30-323ti

Diesel Guy.

How much 'heavy' towing have you done with either of your chip'd E53's??

Loaded Car Trailer or Boat etc...

Nothing long distance, I did tow a 3 ton boat across town and it didn't worry the X5 at all. If I was going to be doing say 2500kg plus I probably would have went VX Landcruiser (ouch) Most I'd really do is my Polaris Ranger and 3-5 trailer loads of coal (aprox 1.5ton) But given that, towing a ton or so of coal is very hardly noticed, if I towed it with my petrol V8 commodore ute I'd pay twice the amount and it's quite noticeable.

Infact if I had a 3.5ton boat (and I have had one in the past) and my X5 had a decent warranty and the X5's could tow 3.5ton legally I'd rather tow 3.5ton with the X5 than a Landcruiser. The self levelling suspension also makes things a lot nicer also.

EDIT: and I'd also go as far to say that I'd rather tow my Polaris Ranger with my 320d than the ute, it tows better somehow.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Just got a text from the old man saying these things are insane, over in Germany now having a look at them. Wonder if they will let him drive one. <_<