Sign in to follow this  
euroriffic

do e36 sedan/coupe parts fit on tourings?

Hey guys,

just got myself a manual 318i touring for a run about so i can stop using the 328i as a work hack and wreaking it with tools and me in it tearing up the boot and leather. already has afew marks :(

Anyways, I am wanting to convert it to m' bumpers, skirts and side mouldings and maybe mirrors but am unsure to what i can fit on it. found a guy in chch on t.m wreaking an m sedan minus front bumper so was going to steal what i could off that if any of it will fit -fingers crossed.

also it needs a new drivers window track and has a torn up rear seat base which id like to replace and again unsure if its different to sedans.

and lastly! suspension, are they transferable and a good recommendation, will have abit of weight in the back most the time so dont want anything thatl sag...

thanx in advance! :D

Justin

http://www.beastpower.com/p/bmw/kerscher-front/KR-BE36-FB-ST This is an aftermarket bumper that fits both sedan and touring which would indicate the mounts would be the same so a sedan and touring factory bumper should be interchangeable, I'm pretty sure it's just the coupe that you can't interchange parts with. As for the seats you probably couldn't use sedan seats as touring seats are designed to fold down from a handle on top, whereas sedan folding seats have a lever in the boot, wouldn't really work.

i would of thort the seat base would be the same same, but now that youve shown me that site i can do some research.

thanx for the help

bumpers and side skirts are interchangeable between all years and models.

wings, mirrors, door mouldings are not.

bumpers will fit from sedan , coupe etc.

rears seats are completly different in teh touring.

door mirrors from sedan and compacts will fit (not coupe)

front door rubbers same as sedan ,

door moldings from sedan will fit.

suspension from coupe sedan etc will work fine

Awesome! Thanx for the help. Time to go parts hunting...