Sign in to follow this  
Jazzbass

new member's ride

Hi I'm Jazzbass, in Palmy. I've just bought my third BMW (pictured) and its my first 5 series. Have had a '92 318 and a '95 325 before, I was a little concerned that the 528i SE might not give me the same BMW feel. But it does - and more! I can't believe how much better my E39 is than my E36.

It's only a bog standard E39, but I love it to bits!!

Posted Image

Thanks all - and you are SO right about keeping the wheels cleaned!!

Looks like a great site. I'll be seeing more of y'all.

Hi I'm Jazzbass, in Palmy. I've just bought my third BMW (pictured) and its my first 5 series. Have had a '92 318 and a '95 325 before, I was a little concerned that the 528i SE might not give me the same BMW feel. But it does - and more! I can't believe how much better my E39 is than my E36.

It's only a bog standard E39, but I love it to bits!!

Posted Image

Welcome to the E39 club, nice 5er you've got there.

What colour is it? Titanium silver or arctic silver, i can't quite tell. Looks nice though.

another 5er with basketweaves round here, welcome, i too know the bitchness of cleaning in between weaves, so i dont.

Ice Green / Ice blue trying 2 think of hte oclour :( common E39 colour. i think that is.

Edited by E30stz

cleaning wheels use mothers wheel mist in the yellow bottle, spray on hose off, easy work.

Easiest way to keep the wheels cleaner is to change the BMW (Pagid) pads and fit Mintex 1166. Halves the dust generated and gives better performance.

We'll have to try and arrange a meeting at Manfield sometime, see how many cars we can get there. Double up with an Intermarque. :bounce:

We'll have to try and arrange a meeting at Manfield sometime, see how many cars we can get there. Double up with an Intermarque. :bounce:

Fully keen mate, im sure a few of us would be keen!

Easiest way to keep the wheels cleaner is to change the BMW (Pagid) pads and fit Mintex 1166. Halves the dust generated and gives better performance.

Come one come all then as the next meet is not that far off, July 24th

It doesn't seem to matter what pads I use as my wheels always get coated, but they're a damn site easier to clean than weaves so I won't complain.

I will probably be down there that week-end, however, I wasn't planning to take the 540 as I'm working and have a week before and after of driving it.

Maybe I will.. See if the boss will cover the petrol. It could do with a decent run. David, Peter & Gerry are planning to be there also, I believe.

My car is Glacier Green.

I had the choice of 2, but the other was white....I prefer colour, even though Glacier Green is more silver than green.

Edited by Jazzbass

I will probably be down there that week-end, however, I wasn't planning to take the 540 as I'm working and have a week before and after of driving it.

Maybe I will.. See if the boss will cover the petrol. It could do with a decent run. David, Peter & Gerry are planning to be there also, I believe.

have to catch up for a drink or two mate!

:P nice car & welcome, my bro runs a 98 540i and is rapt in his ride after owning a 93 Peugeot 306xsi for too long.......his missus even traded her 90 Subaru Legacy GT wagon for a 91 525i vanos after driving his e39 ;)