Sign in to follow this  
Allanw

Sitting In Car Folie...

I'm sitting in the Car Folie waiting room, while the E39 gets it's tints done B)

I told the Mrs it makes it way better for the kids, and is much safer.

I wasn't sure I could get away with telling her it makes it more fuel efficient though...

I wasn't sure I could get away with telling her it makes it more fuel efficient though...

It does though... the air con doesn't have to work as hard to keep the interior cool :P

It does though... the air con doesn't have to work as hard to keep the interior cool :P

my thoughts exactly!

SWEET!

"It makes it safer AND more fuel efficient, Sweetie"

I went for the carbon, cost an extra $75, but it really cuts out the heat - I had to turn the temp on the AC up driving home, and you can see out really easy in the dark - Had to go to the shop earlier tonight, in the pissing rain!

Took about 40 mins to do! I was stunned. Looks really tidy.

I did remove the rear parcel tray for them though, as the fabric is a bit loose on it and I didn't want it to get knackered... of course when I removed the 3 car seat tethers, the threads stripped! Lucky the mate I'm staying with is a engineer (has a 540i Touring and E21 "race car" project). So I re-tapped them all and fitted high tensile cap screws.

I pulled the fuses for the windows... but it kills the central locking. I hope the Mrs remembers not to move the windows!

Shitty phone pic... I wish I'd taken it AFTER I'd washed it - covered in road grime from the drive down!

Posted Image

I just had to rip all mine out <_< failed the wof as they were at 25%??

Cant remember if i had folie xt or the 3m one? actually it was the 3m tint.

Ended up having to pull all my windows out to get the residue off, was not happy.

Edited by shaneg

Shame you aren't still up here - I'd be straight back there!

Shame you aren't still up here - I'd be straight back there!

Yeah i know, the testing dude was gonna let it slide but his boss was there.

Might be selling it pretty soon as i need a wagon/4wd, where i live i wont be able to drive anywhere when it snows/gets icy

Yeah i know, the testing dude was gonna let it slide but his boss was there.

Might be selling it pretty soon as i need a wagon/4wd, where i live i wont be able to drive anywhere when it snows/gets icy

Bummer dude! You know 4WD's/SUVs are arse in snow, right? Sounds like Subaru time, or maybe X5! ;)