Sign in to follow this  
rusteee

VANOS success thanks to HELLBM =D

Just thought I'd share the results from the VANOS repair. My E39 530 just had a much needed trip to HELLBM and had the VANOS unit done, both the seals and the rattle fix kit. Very impressed with the results! Immediately noticed the increased pull from take off, started/idled a lot smoother, no more horrible rattle or engine pinging. Have only done about 60kms since being done, but the difference is incredible.

Symptoms I had with my car other than the rattle, were rough cold idle, dull in the lower rev range, and engine pinging if under load (up hills etc). Took it in, and he plugged the diagnostics in, which tested the VANOS response through certain revs and confirmed it was faulty.

So just like to say a big thanks to HELLLBM!!, done a fantastic job on diagnosing and repairing the VANOS, and solved me a lot of frustration. Anyone looking at getting this done, it made a hell of a difference to my car for a very small cost, almost like a new lease on life =D.

Great to hear.

Guess I have something to look forward to - VANOS & cooling system. Getting close to the 120k mark

To date though - still running like a clock :) ... Touching wood <_<

How much did it cost all up labour including? If you dont mind me asking.

How much did it cost all up labour including? If you dont mind me asking.

Hard to say exactly because I had other work done at the same time, while they had the car. The vanos parts (mine being dual vanos) which was the seals and rattle fix kit was $170 all up incl shipping. I also purchased the rocker cover gasket set, left thread bolts, VANOS gasket and oil filler cap gasket from Milland all up I think was $107 incl shipping. All the rest was on labour, but as I say, I had other stuff done at the same time so don't know for sure. In saying that, all up including all other work, was a small price to pay for such an improvment to the car.

Impressive results. We have a few more to do which will sharpen the process up even more.

Good on you Ray! I mentioned a year ago someone should pick up the obvious duel vanos seal issue business.

Reporting in with successful single VANOS 'fix' from Hell BM here.

All the symptoms of bung VANOS are gone. :)