Sign in to follow this  
mjh

F10 M5 - Good price ex UK

So I do what a normal customer would do ... I am walking away from the brand.

I wasn't ever disappointed with BMW but I have ventured outside of BMW and every time I've owned what ever car for a very short period of time because I've become bored of it very quickly, i.e Audi S4, ML Merk, VE GTS Commodore, CLK55 AMG, Porsche e.t.c. and in between them all was a BMW.

Are we missing one important point here, the comparison is between a USED (ok, only very low Ex-demo miles) UK M5 v NZ New RRP?? I know this won't completely cover the price difference, but talk to your local dealer about what they can offer on the new M5 when their demos come up for sale and you might be pleasantly surprised.

With the NZ$ so strong at the moment (and the GB pound in the poo) there is good definately buying to be had for the individual, but companies don't have that same ability to shop around.

Are we missing one important point here, the comparison is between a USED (ok, only very low Ex-demo miles) UK M5 v NZ New RRP?? I know this won't completely cover the price difference, but talk to your local dealer about what they can offer on the new M5 when their demos come up for sale and you might be pleasantly surprised.

With the NZ$ so strong at the moment (and the GB pound in the poo) there is good definately buying to be had for the individual, but companies don't have that same ability to shop around.

List price in England is 73k GBP you get the VAT off that but have to pay GST which works out to about 147k NZD :) Then sold new in NZ you're paying 229k

List price in England is 73k GBP you get the VAT off that but have to pay GST which works out to about 147k NZD :) Then sold new in NZ you're paying 229k

And people here are still buying them so win win for BMW.

That blue one would have had an absolute hiding I'd say, if that was the first of the Demonstrators for journalists e.t.c. then it's probably half rooted!

And people here are still buying them so win win for BMW.

Ha, win win for BMW, loose loose for devaluation for the kiwi new car purchaser, due to import prices :(

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Just a question. If a car is destined to come from the UK to our shores, is there a way to change the odometer from MPH to KMH before it has completed many miles? That always used to bug me with my UK E30. Silly, I know

yes, can be programmed to show kms on the odo but the speedo will still show miles.

That blue one would have had an absolute hiding I'd say, if that was the first of the Demonstrators for journalists e.t.c. then it's probably half rooted!

Ha, win win for BMW, loose loose for devaluation for the kiwi new car purchaser, due to import prices :(

It'll be the best one to have, run in!

BMW doesn't care about the new car purchaser as long as you buy their new car, after that pdfft, you don't exsist.

Hence the win win.

It'll be the best one to have, run in!

BMW doesn't care about the new car purchaser as long as you buy their new car, after that pdfft, you don't exsist.

Hence the win win.

Dunno about that mate, I got pretty good customer service post sale of the two cars I've bought from Cookies Dunedin and they were 2nd hand cars lol.

Dunno about that mate, I got pretty good customer service post sale of the two cars I've bought from Cookies Dunedin and they were 2nd hand cars lol.

BMW NZ.