Sign in to follow this  
m2geek

K&N Panel Filter? Worth it?

Have been looking into getting a K&N Panel filter for my 320i (btw OMG i love how easy it is to get the filter outta the airbox, japs are a f-ing c**t to get the filter out of usually.) Is there any real gains to it besides never having to "replace" the filter again, and maybe some change in the sound of the intake?

I'd considered a Pod Filter too - but it just seems overly Ricey on a bimmer :P

If your after a filter that is 'lifetime' and reusable go with the K&N, If your happy replacing filter every second service then that’s fine too.

No real performance gains will be realised going with K&N unless your stock filter is dirty.

Pod filters only work well if they're associated with cold air box or some sort of physical separation from hot engine bay air.

what Hybrid said, Worth it if you keep the car for more than 2 years

what Hybrid said, Worth it if you keep the car for more than 2 years

Sweet - good to know. The filter in the airbox atm is a FRAM filter - but its really filthy imo, so time to replace.

I'd advise to save your money, get a stock one if it needs replacing and spend the rest on a new stereo head deck or speakers (for example)

I'd advise to save your money, get a stock one if it needs replacing and spend the rest on a new stereo head deck or speakers (for example)

Replaced my Panel filter with a OE one and cleaned out the throttle body, WOAH what a difference LOL.

Have been looking into getting a K&N Panel filter for my 320i (btw OMG i love how easy it is to get the filter outta the airbox, japs are a f-ing c**t to get the filter out of usually.) Is there any real gains to it besides never having to "replace" the filter again, and maybe some change in the sound of the intake?

I'd considered a Pod Filter too - but it just seems overly Ricey on a bimmer :P

get stock save ya doe i was thinking the same thing with my e46 330i m-sport but didnt like idea of my engine sucking oil off the filter. :blink: