Sign in to follow this  
nath

time to move on....

Well ive had my S2 coupe for about 2 weeks now, so u know, probably time to move on :P

any ideas on how much i should ask for the S2?

actually the service/ parts price and availability has suddenly dawned upon me, so im looking to sell before anything goes wrong (which im sure it will)

id like to see myself in a nice late model M325i, 2.7 or 2.5, it doesnt matter- i wouldnt be able to tell the difference.

Moving up to an M\\\ car won't make parts cheaper. A normal 6 speed leather gear knob $125, an M\\\ 6 speed leather illuminating gear knob $255.

On my way to get it now. Plus the 10 days waiting for stuff to come from Germany each time.

Moving up to an M\\\ car won't make parts cheaper. A normal 6 speed leather gear knob $125, an M\\\ 6 speed leather illuminating gear knob $255.

On my way to get it now. Plus the 10 days waiting for stuff to come from Germany each time.

All wooden gear knob in Nausbaum (special order wood) NZD 660 before the gst. Needless to say Ill put up with the little cracks for a while longer !

Did you try Ebay for the part Cain ? You'll be amazed at what you can get especially from the German one especially.

Your right about the waiting though, Shellys rarely have anything I need and always have to go back to Germany for the part.

1993 S2:

kerb wieght 1473kg

ground clearance 117mm

2226cc 20V 5 cylinder with bosh motronic injection

single KKK turbo

168.5kW @ wheels 153.43bhp/ ton

0- 60 5.7sec

6 speed manual 4WD

final drive ratio 4.11

- those are factory specs, not sure if mines factory spec still or not.

seriously guys, these cars are an absolute BITCH to work on- every single mechanic i have talked to lately got that look on thier face when i told them that i had a turbo 5cyl coupe...

ooooer... i'd love an S2 Coupe... too bad I aint got no pingas/slides/greenback/colin-ash on me.

Nice specs Nath.

Want a drag? Bring it to a Nightspeed Dragwars, I'll give you race.

They are like rocking horse sh*t aren't they? Post some pics of it.

No, didn't try ebay. On the whole BMW are good on getting parts. It's just that you have to wait for them. If they order me the wrong one (like this time, again). I can rock down to BMWHO and give them a tune up about crappy service. I then get a good response.

good idea i think cain.

well yeah i thought they were rare too, i mean you hardly see the N/A coupes around! -since i got it, i picked up a performance car mag, one in there dyno'd 172kw at the wheels, i saw a white coupe at continental yesterday being serviced, and i saw a sedan in takapuna a few days ago......

you dont notice specific types of car until you have one eh.

still keen for a nice bimmer to replace it....