Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew

Cain's 540i 6spd - after I attacked it.

damn

Looking even better than in the last thread! Thats now one of my favourite non M5 E34s around

wow good job Andrew.....Looks almost as good as mine...narrow grills rule!

Cain you need to straighten your glove box....

That's a beautiful car.

On a side note, what are those tyres like to drive on in the wet? I'm currently looking for new tyres for my mums S4 wagon. They look like the business in the dry.

camber rules

you want camber

post-9-1120991320.jpg

Gotta love cleaning E34s, mostly because of the lines on them.

Especially that one :wub:

you want camber

and some more

post-9-1120991535.jpg

Agreed on the glovebox Paul. I did set Gus to seeing what he could do, however he wasn't feeling himself (for a change) and couldn't get his fingers to work. And you can see why I want the new gear knob too. Just worn. It would be nice to have had it in.

Hopefully, you'll see it in NZ Autocar soon. That's what all Andrew's hard work is really about. Thanks heaps for this afternoon Andrew & Gus. :thumb: I owe you big time.

Thank you to Brent also for hopefully supplying a part to diagnose another intermittent alarm.

RJ, On the tyre front, I honestly couldn't tell you. They were fitted on Friday, driven home in the rain, but they might now be scrubbed in. In the dry, awesome. In my experience (as we had the A008R's on the Abarth's and Alfa's), they are great until you hit standing water. Hence the lack of grooves and the race compound rubber.

m325i, specs, well keep an eye out. But 212kW and 400Nm (factory spec). Dyno'd at 164kW & 440Nm (@wheels, rolling road). 14.75 sec quarter is the fastest I've run so far. These tyres should help though.

Edited by cainchapman

You should consider taking back to Aussie Cain they go for well over 20k.....Be interesting to see the reponse.Have you still not got the correct knob..I have a link to a german site somewhere......I will dig it out.Watch this space.

Illuminated Gear Knob

Edited by kiwi535

Thanks Paul. McMillans promise that they have ordered the correct part this time and BMWHO will have it on Tuesday, so I will have it by Friday.

Believe it when I see it. Would have been nice to have for the photoshoot.