Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

M50B20 build

Glenn- yep pretty much could order the pistons to fit the bore so I did. Might need a

Tweak when they get here but fingers crossed they won't. Also, gotta stay under the 2000cc. The bore now is at the max which takes it from 1991 to 1997 if I remember rightly.

Havent done a whole lot. Cleaned the workshop up a bit and confined all my sh*t into one area which makes things easier.

Here is a crapy photo of the pressure plate and clutch, underneath it is the 'moly solid flywheel. Thanks to forum sponsor Darren at NZAD for this and the gearbox.

Posted Image

Shchmedimidigidman order also showed up. This is every single seal, belt, pully, hose, pumps and everything else that isn't metal on the motor. Also got a new shiny thermostat housing and other bits and pieces.

Posted Image

Just basically waiting for the pistons and rods and valvetrain stuff to arrive so we can start assembling. Have also pretty muched sussed the ECU with steve so will update as we go.

Last couple days I have been hungover from my birthday, so havent got much done. I met this guy but cant for the life of me figure out who he is. He is an MP of some sort and so is the lady on the far left, who I told I would vote for for being sexy, she bought me a drink.

Posted Image

Edited by Ashkan

The goofy looking old fart to your left in the pic is Murray McCully, Ms hot blond is Nikki Kaye. Both National MPs

Sorry

Closet politics nerd :unsure:

awesome! :) how much do you think you took out ?

its more about removing poor flow areas taking material out when not needed reduces port flow

nice work.

How many revs are planned (for peak power)?

How many revs are planned (for peak power)?

wont know till we tune

Right update time.

Bits and pieces are starting to arrive from around the world.

Supertech valve springs and retainers.

Posted Image

H beam rods and ARP bolts.

Posted Image

Got all the bolts in and around the engine electro plated, cost bugger all and looks baller as sh*t.

Posted Image

This is the New parts shelve, starting to look full :)

Posted Image

Also, I made a facebook page which I will probably update more often... check it yo!

Like that shiz

Shite Ashkan gunna be a shiny engine :)

Also got these all sodablasted, theres a bunch more but couldnt fit it all in one pic.

Posted Image

Where'd you get the plating done, and what's the basis they charge on? Looks awesome

Acme electroplaters in penrose. Charged 30 bucks!

Ok so soda blasting doesnt work well on M50 rocker covers, I now have one that is completley munted so will get a new one eventually.

I have ordered a crank scraper from crankscrapers.com, aside from that what else is there to do to eliminate oil surge/starvation? I have a baffle that I can tack in too. I am thinking maybe an accumulator or something may possibly be necassary?

Apart from that we are just basically waiting for parts to come from the states and making more work for ourselves everynight as we sit and wait ha!

gota love late nights in the shed. i miss them already

Feel free to stop by any time. There's plenty to do

Techie question: How do you choose what valve spring to use?