Sign in to follow this  
DarinD

Fitting 17x9 et 26 on E36 front

Did a quick search on the forum which turned up no conclusive answers.

As per title, I have the chance to purchase some style 32 17x9 wheels. Unfortunately they are not staggered, meaning the front will have to accomodate the 17x9 et 22 as well. I am well aware that with enough work anything can be made to fit haha. But was wondering if anyone has done this and how much work is involved?

Cheers

Edited by L0WBMW

This may be of help (from willtheyfit.com). or put whatever tyre specs you prefer...

Posted Image

This may be of help (from willtheyfit.com). or put whatever tyre specs you prefer...

Does help heaps thanks bro! I can't for the life of me remember my current wheel specs =S

All depends how low you want to go and what tyre size you run. I've got 18x8 with 215/35s style 32s at et20 on my touring at the mo With superlows and have had no issuses. Admittedly i only put them on yesterday and they sit just out the guard and had 18x8.5s with 225/40's at et15 on the front of my sedan with no real issues apart front them hanging out the guards abit more . If only you had 18s then I'd been keen to swap two to make a staggered set

All depends how low you want to go and what tyre size you run. I've got 18x8 with 215/35s style 32s at et20 on my touring at the mo With superlows and have had no issuses. Admittedly i only put them on yesterday and they sit just out the guard and had 18x8.5s with 225/40's at et15 on the front of my sedan with no real issues apart front them hanging out the guards abit more . If only you had 18s then I'd been keen to swap two to make a staggered set

I've got the standard bilstein shocks and springs in there atm, am looking at upgrading to a set of coilovers in the near future however. And as for tyre size, whatever would make them fit I guess haha. Yeah haha was really after the staggered set up! On that note is there anyone else out there who would do a swap so we end up with a staggered set up??

Edited by L0WBMW

I have 8.5" F with ET15 and 9.5" R ET20 with no rub on my m3.

Edited by DrphTa

I have 8.5" F with ET15 and 9.5" R ET20 with no rub on my m3.

Cheers for that, with my limited wheel knowledge I'm coming to the conclusion that I can fit the wheels even if it is with slightly rolling the guards and/or spacers??

You can make those wheels fit but you will be limited on tyre sizes

Cheers for that, with my limited wheel knowledge I'm coming to the conclusion that I can fit the wheels even if it is with slightly rolling the guards and/or spacers??

No need for spacers unless you are planning on doing more work to the guards to get them to fit.

225/40 tyre and a slight roll and you will be fine. It's a pity Stanceworks is down at the moment as there a few cars on there that run those.

Thanks for all the help, sad to say though it was for nothing. Wheels for snapped up a couple of hours before I could pick up! Ah well...