Sign in to follow this  
sanderm3

2002 e46 m3

Hi everyone

I am a new member so still getting the hang off things

my name is Sander originally from Holland but have lived here half my life, I am 18 and have owned 2 cars 1997 e36 328i and have just bought a 2002 e46 m3 :D

I am curious to know how many e46 m3's are in New Zealand if anybody knows??

I got the only one. Had to sell a bunch of sheep to get it.

Joking aside we probably talking a couple of hundred. Your doing well to have had 3 BMWs by the age of 18 !

Or more like:

Your doing well to have a e46 m3 by the age of 18 !

Welcome to the forum

Tell me about it ! shows the affordability of BMW's

At 20 years of age in 1987 I brought my first BMW an E21 323i with 90,000 kms for $22k The M3 was $130k at the time . Inflation adjusted thats $41k or enough good example E46 M3 price in todays terms. The dollar goes far these days.

Would have been great to have an M3 when younger when my reaction times were quicker :mellow:

At 18 I had a 10 speed !

Edited by Neal

Welcome mate...cool cars..you gotta put up pics..or we wont believe you...THEMS THE RULES hhahahahaha :lol:

Would have been great to have an M3 when younger when my reaction times were quicker :mellow:

slower you mean, too busy playing with iPods and girlfriends

Tell me about it ! shows the affordability of BMW's

At 20 years of age in 1987 I brought my first BMW an E21 323i with 90,000 kms for $22k The M3 was $130k at the time . Inflation adjusted thats $41k or enough good example E46 M3 price in todays terms. The dollar goes far these days.

At 18 I had a 10 speed !

yea that is definitely a big difference!

Welcome.

What M3 model did you get, SMG or Manual?

Gosh only 18, I would find it alarming for myself to have one back when I was that age!

Welcome.

What M3 model did you get, SMG or Manual?

Gosh only 18, I would find it alarming for myself to have one back when I was that age!

I chose the 6 speed manual, I had always wanted a manual, my e36 (first car) was auto basicaly because i wanted a bmw but couldnt afford a manual one, so i workd HARD! And saved to buy the m3 :-).

Haha yes it is definately some car for my age but i see myself as quite a responsible driver (unlike most of my age group haha)

Ahah, good man.

A friend of mine is doing much the same thing, he considered a 330i, but then realised if he waited and saved a bit more an M3 is a better way to go.

I guess it's just a matter of finding a good one with a healthy motor etc.

Did you check out a few before buying yours?

Ahah, good man.

A friend of mine is doing much the same thing, he considered a 330i, but then realised if he waited and saved a bit more an M3 is a better way to go.

I guess it's just a matter of finding a good one with a healthy motor etc.

Did you check out a few before buying yours?

Cheers mate!

Oh good on him. I was a bit the same I looked at other cars but nothing made me go wow! I had always wantd a m3 but hadnt considered it until i realised I could afford one wich meant i had made my mind up.

When i was looking (only a month ago) there were not many 4 sale only 2 in manual and roughly my price range so didnt realy have many options. Then one was sold before i even had the chance to look at it. So there was only one left (the one i bought) had a service history from new and i couldnt find anything wrong with it