Sign in to follow this  
Greg111

Toyota powered, forced inducted S50

I think the replacement you're looking for is "turbo"

yes goes ok , i have one of those variable rate fuel pressure regulators , which pretty much shuts of the returning fuel rail so goes rich as the boost comes up .

was planning on getting the std ecu remapped .

gavin reckons he can tune it with out using that fuel reg unit , just leave the std one in place.

you could probably do the same with your one.

the proper ESS kits you can get come with a set of bigger injectors and a chip etc , but they all run at about 7-8psi and use intercoolers

every fuel reg whether it be turbo car or n/a use the same type of reg

Yeah I was told i could get it remapped which would be fine BUT i have this working on a switch so when the charger wasn't working the N/A fuel map would be all over the place, the way Toyota get round is they use two fuel maps.

Mine was running around 180rwkw when dyno'd and would have potentionally gotten 220-230kw out of it but just couldn't justify the price of a new ecu. Not for this type of charger anyeway.

May look into it when other things mellow out....children and houses etc.

At the moment I have plans and soon enough a CSL plenum will be in place. N/A with alot more air will work just fine for now.