Highest bid will own

SOLD @ $1680 wof and reg

bargain!!!

thanks to all questions and bids

JK

Well done mate, make sure you tell the new owner it's a 2.5liter not a 2.3 lol

Well done mate, make sure you tell the new owner it's a 2.5liter not a 2.3 lol

lol

auction read "2300cc more like a 2500cc ", at no stage did I say it was actually a 2.5

Keren Begley

the 323i is 2500cc. Just detuned.

so its really a gutless 2.5

Restrictive manifold.

Restrictive manifold.

LOL is that it?

LOL is that it?

well the 323i is an M52B25. The 328i is the M52B28, which had same power but more torque than the M50B25 which powered the 325i. This in turn meant that the M52B25 had less power than the M50B25 even though it was a newer engine, so the 323i badge was used again (like the E30) and the top model was called the 328i in line with normal BMW model coding. The M50B20 and the M52B20 made the same power though different torque, but the badge was unchanged, i guess because inventing the 321i badge would be stupid lol

was made more restrictive mainly to increase the torque and improve fuel economy. Is also why when people do the M52 conversion on thier E30s etc they usually swap on the M50 intake manifold etc but thats getting off topic.

confused yet? was the dawn of BMW badging due to where they sat in the lineup, rather than the displacement of the engine. now every model seems to be like that.

confused yet? was the dawn of BMW badging due to where they sat in the lineup, rather than the displacement of the engine. now every model seems to be like that.

Mercedes are almost worse, my old ML 320 CDI was a 3.0 V6, my old CLK 55 was actually a 5.4, same with the E55, ML 280's are a 3.0 e.t.c. Why? Who knows, and I don't understand the point of it to be honest, I mean a 525d is a 3.0diesel, wouldn't it sound better if they kept the 530d tag?

Ok so to differentiate between models perhaps? But how many niches can you fill, i.e either have a 320i, 323i or 325i, 328i??? Why have 4x 6 cylinder engines in one range? Why they even have a 318i and 320i in the E36 range is impossible to understand, I mean what is a E36 320i do that a 318i not do?

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Cos it's BMW. And nothing is simple or straightforward with ze Germans. Undeniably logical, frequently clever, but never simple ;)

It's very clear but I've been sorrounded with them for years.