Sign in to follow this  
hugokan

WTB: e34 Shocks

Hi,

After a full set of e34 518i shocks if anyone has any.

Thanks

in case you are having trouble finding 518i bits, they should be the same as all non-M5 E34s. so 520i 535i 530i 535i 540i

New are probably quite cheap too. E30 ones are.

Oh thanks for confirming. I always thought all the parts would be the same but just put it up to be sure. How much roughly do new ones vs second hand go for?

Funnily enough its cheaper to buy a set of Bilsteins off turnermotorsport.com, ebay, pelican parts etc than it is to buy a set KYB shocks in NZ.

Should be able to land a set of 4 Bilsteins for around $800 and kyb probably nearly half that.

IMO no point in buying second hand unless they are pretty new or been rebuilt.

ring up bnt/appco

or even Gavin @ Euroitalian.

just want generic shocks they shouldn't be expensive, they are insert's after all.

Oh yeah and whatever you do don't buy Monroes

They ride like crap

Thanks guys, will see if I can find a cheap set new. The car doesn't get much use so not much point in getting anything flash.

do you live in wellington area btw? i think i might know your son. i cant imagine there are too many 518i rolling around

My Mate put one in the demo derby. Did REALLY well - those E34's are pretty solid in the front!

My Mate put one in the demo derby. Did REALLY well - those E34's are pretty solid in the front!

i can only imagine how tiny the M40 engine would be perched in the middle of the engine bay. its tiny in my E30 lol

They ride like crap

Yup, seem to be crap on Euro cars. I unknowingly (& cos they were cheap through work) put them into the E12 many years ago, certainly better than the F##@#d ones I removed but not great.

Still in there as the car is hardly used, but each time I drive it - reminds me I should change them