Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

A couple of E60's I'm kinda thinking about...

I had a E60 525i some years back and didn't really like it then, but test drove a 530i here in Dunedin which they will do at 21k for us, so I got looking and found some nice diesels I'm considering, the shape seems have grown on me. A remapped 535d will return just under 700nm and 270kw - This is clearly HSV eating material for a half of the running costs!

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

Visit My Website - this one isn't gonna happen but fark it sits tough.

Ofcourse you would all have seen

Edited by The Diesel Guy

you have too much spare coin.

All three are very different cars - I haven't driven the 550 so can't comment on that one. In terms of the perfect all-rounder, many journo's tend to rave about the 535d.

If I had a family and/or boat/caravan, and had a decent commute, the 535d would be an ideal car IMO.

you have too much spare coin.

No, 25% deposit lol & pay off over three years.

if i was a family man now i think a 530d touring would be in my garage.

530d

535d

Edited by kiwi535

A good friend has a 535d and ever since he has had it (switching from high-performance v8 cars) I get text's on each fill bragging about his economy. He hasnt got worse than 7.5l/100k [edit: daily driving mostly around town], and when he does a long trip with his golf buddies, he's into low 6's and has managed a few trips into the 5's. I get his text's monthly, he gets mine weekly :huh:

I've had his car a few times and around town - the torque is perfect. Open road for cruising is typical 5 series quality (very quiet and comfortable) and plenty of grunt for an overtake if you need it.

Personal preference - aim for an LCI version as the external mods over earlier model give it a cleaner look and bit more mod interior. Oh, and definitely try and get the M spec. You shouldnt really be paying a big premium over non-M at this price range, but the extra's take a bit of the blandness out of the standard car.

Edited by ApriliaBoy

Go for a touring. All the cool Dunedin members are repping them B)

Go for a touring. All the cool Bimmersport members are repping them B)

Fixed

Just sent the 550i Touring link to my sister. She won't want black, but would be a bid step up from her Prado (not sure how she coped with a Prado after the E39!)