Sign in to follow this  
Timzbmw

E30 325i Engine

Hey im looking for a bmw e30 325i engine to replace my 320i. Just want to know who has one that's willing to sell. Must be in working condition and be pretty much just bolted in and go.

Also if anyone knows how much a mechanic costs to put it in just in case if i cant do it.

Cheers

Edited by Timzbmw

Hey im looking for a bmw e30 325i engine to replace my 320i. Just want to know who has one that's willing to sell. Must be in working condition and be pretty much just bolted in and go.

Also if anyone knows how much a mechanic costs to put it in just in case if i cant do it.

Cheers

im sellin my e30 325i if your interested in buying it. engine runs great

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

but his 320i is a L-jetronic injection system.

and if you use a later 325i engine it will be motronic 1.3 so you will need all the parts to make it work

or if you find a earlier 325i engine with motronic 1.1 then you will be need the correct flywheel and gearbox to suit the crank sensors that mount to the gearbox etc

okay, id trust brett on this one. i didnt spot it is a prefacelift car, and ive never had one.

okay, id trust brett on this one. i didnt spot it is a prefacelift car, and ive never had one.

Okay cheers for the help guys I have decided that I am not the most amazing mechanic and I know a lot about the engines but obviously not enough. What about if I sell my Bmw and trade up I know more about fixing suspension and cosmetics than I do know tinkering around with engines?

Okay cheers for the help guys I have decided that I am not the most amazing mechanic and I know a lot about the engines but obviously not enough. What about if I sell my Bmw and trade up I know more about fixing suspension and cosmetics than I do know tinkering around with engines?

yup best thing to do

sell the car and buy what you really want.

not worth the hassles unless its a really good car

That is probably the cheaper/easier way to go about it. 325i 4-doors can be had for as low as $2500, maybe even less if you're lucky. The bonus of trading up is that a 325i will come with disc brakes all round and 51mm struts (most/all PFL 320i's had drum rears and 45mm front struts).

Although engine swaps themselves are reasonably straight forward, technically it would then require a cert and that makes any future modifications costly/difficult. A lot of people probably wouldn't bother certing it as most people would never notice the difference, but I wouldn't recommend this.

got one for $800 good condition in perfect macanical order , includes wiring ecu amd afm.

check out my listing I want to sell my car by today so you might jus get lucky.

It is a 325i