Sign in to follow this  
Timzbmw

Bmw 1987 320i

After thoughts of a engine transplant i have decided to sell my beloved Bmw to upgrade to one that suites what i really want. Im looking for a bmw e30 325i. So i might be keen for swaps.

Here is the link:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-490163732.htm

Nice car, dont be afraid to try the upgrade to 325i yourself, you will learn a lot on the way and will know the car inside and out. But otherwise, GLWS!

Euro m325i has a b25 for sale with his touring,

My good mate bryce (LOWBMW) is able to swap his car plus 1k for engine because the guy wont sell engine without car, So maybe organise with him a price for engine so he can swap.

You both win,

Then you can convert your car to a 2.5

Pretty straight foward, my 325i is running a getrag 240 320i 5spd from my other e30

You wont regret getting a b25 :D

Oh and dont need to worry about cert, not only do the engines look identical im pretty sure you can get away with it since it is being replaced by a factory manufactured engine for that model

Oh and dont need to worry about cert, not only do the engines look identical im pretty sure you can get away with it since it is being replaced by a factory manufactured engine for that model

nope that only applies if the engine is being downgraded. irrelevant in the E30 chassis as its all the same but other manufacturers are totally different even though they look the same, think the difference between a normal E30 and the E30 M3

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Not true. Check here: http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/suplemen...t_Threshold.pdf

Engine replacements must have the same displacement as the OE engine. So a 320i requires a 2L engine.

Awkward... haha sorry for the confusion.

It would still be pretty un noticeable though if you were to drop a b25 in without a certification.

Dont know anyone that has certed any e30 engine conversion, (m20, m50, m52 and others) to date, and most of them still get warrants, the ones that dont are dedicated race cars..