Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

E39 Fuel Injector recondition

Sprayed some carbon cleaner on the fuel rail and engine revs higher when cold, suggesting poor seals on the injectors. I've got a recon kit with new o rings, etc. There are some good DIYs online like this one - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571302

Seems reasonably straightforward but wondering if I'm biting off more than I can chew as a reasonably practical but totally inexperienced hobbyist.

Anyone done this or know if it's easy/difficult? Or what it might cost if I pay someone to do it!

Easy job to replace the fuel injector orings. Definately easy enough to do yourself

The clips holding the injectors to the wiring are quite fiddly and easy to send flying into the engine bay. Be prepared for the fuel to come out and don't drop anything into the injector holes.

Other then that I don't think you can really go wrong aslong as you make sure the injector seals sit properly.

Easy job to replace the fuel injector orings. Definately easy enough to do yourself

The clips holding the injectors to the wiring are quite fiddly and easy to send flying into the engine bay. Be prepared for the fuel to come out and don't drop anything into the injector holes.

Other then that I don't think you can really go wrong aslong as you make sure the injector seals sit properly.

Thanks, I might chance it then!